Biden says this country is doomed because of African Americans

National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.
Das Troll
Registered

Biden says this country is doomed because of African Americans

Post by Das Troll » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:46 am

I wish I had more of the video in question so I could get the context. Either way it's not going to matter because the right is going to make political hay over this.

Kheron
Registered

Re: Biden says this country is doomed because of African Americans

Post by Kheron » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:02 pm

Biden has also said shit like "Poor kids are just as bright as white kids."

He wrote & pushed racist bills that hurt african americans and oppressed them more. Jailed them and trapped them in our "justice" system. He's walked back campaign promises and is shooting not for the moon or the stars with the "progressive" policies he's begrudgingly adopted, but instead for the 711 down the street with his half-assed measures.

But if I criticize him suddenly I'm a Trump worshiper, even to my own family like my Grandma.

Just like I can't be for men's rights without being a misogynist, even tho I spent the first 20 years or so of my life as a man and while my experiences as a transwoman have helped shape me, I didn't fundamentally change in a philosophical sense by realizing I was trans. Men's issues are still important to me.

I'll crow about the damage the Right has done any day of the week, but the inability for moderates to recognize anything other than "moderate" and "literally hitler" are just as bit of an issue. They alienate everyone - including those they need to vote for them (like POC). Here is a quote from MLK I often think about.

“I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that [our] great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to ‘order’ than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; …”

Related, another by MLK:

“The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict…[an individual] who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it”

Moderates, the cowards, are letting our country decay because they want to uphold the status quo. But the status quo lead to foreign interference and a treasonous congress that's protecting their own treasonous actions, and with us common folk having no way to do anything about it besides...vote. And the elections are rigged on both sides, have no doubt about that. There's some clear fuckery with races like McConnell's and Graham's, shit like Bush v Gore. Hillary v Bernie in the primaries, Bernie v 20 democrats.

This division is on purpose. Race, religion, LGBT hate, even misogyny & misandry, it all loops back to divide and conquer. And it's working. So many people latch on to obvious snake oil salesmen like Trump, just as so many latch onto Biden and Hillary thinking they'll fix all the problems when they won't, don't, and never intended to in the first place. Like Obama, who, while his super majority wasn't actually 2years but a few random days here and there due to a variety of reasons (still had it at times, tho...) compromised right out of the gate by adopting Romneycare instead of pushing for Universal Healthcare immediately. Compromise, only to compromise further. Obama clearly never intended anything other than a corporate win.

Here's a final quote, one Frank Herbert penned for Children of Dune, the 3rd book in his saga:

"Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristocratic forms. No government in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, government tends more and more to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class---whether that class be hereditary royalty, oligarchs off financial empires, or entrenched bureaucracy."

If y'all like the political/philosophical quotes, I've been collecting them here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PWq ... OlMr0/edit

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:24 pm

You know what they say about the 3 boxes? First is the soap box, then its the ballot box, and if those don't work, then its the ammo box.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:22 pm

I find it funny that nobody really supports Biden at this point, or even really did to begin with. They just thought "Oh, nobody can be worse than Trump" and it turns out Biden can be pretty bad. Not saying he's worse, but he's equally bad in his own ways.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:59 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:22 pm
I find it funny that nobody really supports Biden at this point, or even really did to begin with. They just thought "Oh, nobody can be worse than Trump" and it turns out Biden can be pretty bad. Not saying he's worse, but he's equally bad in his own ways.
That's what I tell people when the 2020 election comes up. I say that either Biden and the Democrats cheated or Trump was so polarizing that people came out in record numbers to vote against him. And voting against someone isn't voting for the other person.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:14 am

It's just do stupid. Like, hopefully this teaches everyone a lesson about not voting FOR something, but we all know it won't. We'll be in this same boat but even worse a few years from now.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am

I hope it teaches Millenials and Zoomers that voting matters. "Memes elected Trump!" yea well memes didn't fucking elect Bernie, now did they? Massive online support, record breaking donations (individual contributors AND amount received by x date even though he was grassroots/small donor!"

But as it turns out, memes =/= votes. The youth failed to turn out in the primaries, and we were stuck with fucking JOE BIDEN as the Dem candidate. And 3rd parties just aren't feasible, ftpt ensures that, and if that wasn't enough whenever a 3rd party wins the Ds & Rs pass laws making it harder to happen again.

Watch the youth continue to not fucking vote, though. Not as a block - only as individuals as they learn and grow...and stop being stupid fucking apathetic youth.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:40 pm

It doesn't help that so many people got tricked into doing the mail in shit even after it was proven that mail in ballots were stolen.

Idc what some "news" outlet said either: More than one guy went live on Facebook stealing ballots.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Idk mang, America has had mail in voting since like... forever. Mail in voting is fine, and safe.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:56 pm

Kheron wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm
Idk mang, America has had mail in voting since like... forever. Mail in voting is fine, and safe.
Yeah, for soldiers. It's obviously NOT fine and safe otherwise ballots wouldn't have been stolen.

Like, I don't really see how it's a big deal to want government issued photo ID mandatory for voting.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:59 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:56 pm
Kheron wrote:
Yeah, for soldiers. It's obviously NOT fine and safe otherwise ballots wouldn't have been stolen.

Like, I don't really see how it's a big deal to want government issued photo ID mandatory for voting.
RE: Voter ID laws -

They're discriminatory, basically. Targets low income minority groups for the most part. It's about disenfranchisement, really. Like, even to the point that minorities are even questioned about their ID more. It's 100% a control method, packaged and sold as fear mongering scare tactic bullshit to woo white, christian, suburban America.

Here's ACLU on voter id legislation.
https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-voter ... fact-sheet

As for the mail in ballots, it's been a few months so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but here's one of the first articles to come up when searching about that.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/batch ... r-BB19RQd5

Note: "Authorities say an investigation determined that incoming mail in general was being targeted as opposed to voter ballots specifically. " So, it was determined it wasn't about the ballots. It wasn't a direct, conscious attempt to interfere with the election.

If, instead, you mean masses of lost ballots -
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/05/politics ... index.html

"There's no evidence that hundreds of thousands of ballots went undelivered. While there were roughly 300,000 ballots that did not have delivery scans, that doesn't mean they weren't delivered. According to the USPS, the lack of delivery scans were a result of ballots that were picked out of the mail stream to speed up their processing.

Here's a look at our recent fact checks.
In testimony on Wednesday and Thursday in the US District Court for the District of Columbia, USPS's Kevin Bray, who is in charge of all mail processing during the election this year, said that the Postal Service knew that due to the extraordinary volume of ballots going through the mail, that a significant number were going to miss the scans in order to be delivered on time.

Mark Dimondstein, American Postal Workers Union president, agreed, telling CNN that a high number of missing delivery scans is likely indicative of the ballots getting sped through the system."

In regards to the general safety of mail in ballots:

Yes, they are safe.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/09/17/ ... rom-fraud/

Them not being safe was purely Republican rhetoric in order to try and discredit the election results. Trump's postmaster general was meant to cripple the USPS since Democrats skewed heavily towards mail in voting due to the pandemic. It failed, thank fuck, because Trump was the absolute worst President in American history. Though, funny enough, Biden's love for Israel might pull us into a war when Trump's international buffoonery and douchebaggery managed not to. Tho mostly because no one took him seriously.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:13 pm

Anecdotal but I got 4 ballot things in the mail.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:18 pm

And only one would have been counted lmao.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:49 pm

Kheron wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:18 pm
And only one would have been counted lmao.
Are you sure? I'm not so sure. The difference between absentee ballots and what they did with this time around was having to request it. Before you had to request the ballot, this time around with covid they were just sending them out wily nilly.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:15 am

Kheron wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:59 pm
Helladamnleet wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:56 pm
Kheron wrote:

RE: Voter ID laws -

They're discriminatory, basically. Targets low income minority groups for the most part. It's about disenfranchisement, really. Like, even to the point that minorities are even questioned about their ID more. It's 100% a control method, packaged and sold as fear mongering scare tactic bullshit to woo white, christian, suburban America.
Requiring an ID is NOT discriminatory. It's something every legal citizen is already supposed to have.
Here's ACLU on voter id legislation.
https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-voter ... fact-sheet
Again, being able to prove you're a real person who hasn't already voted is NOT discriminatory.
As for the mail in ballots, it's been a few months so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but here's one of the first articles to come up when searching about that.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/batch ... r-BB19RQd5

Note: "Authorities say an investigation determined that incoming mail in general was being targeted as opposed to voter ballots specifically. " So, it was determined it wasn't about the ballots. It wasn't a direct, conscious attempt to interfere with the election.
Nigga, someone literally went live on Facebook stealing ballots. Edit: Forgot my proof https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/project-v ... minnesota/
If, instead, you mean masses of lost ballots -
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/05/politics ... index.html

"There's no evidence that hundreds of thousands of ballots went undelivered. While there were roughly 300,000 ballots that did not have delivery scans, that doesn't mean they weren't delivered. According to the USPS, the lack of delivery scans were a result of ballots that were picked out of the mail stream to speed up their processing.
Other than the GOD DAMNED GUY POSTING IT TO HIS FUCING SNAPCHAT STORY.
In regards to the general safety of mail in ballots:

Yes, they are safe.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/09/17/ ... rom-fraud/

Them not being safe was purely Republican rhetoric in order to try and discredit the election results. Trump's postmaster general was meant to cripple the USPS since Democrats skewed heavily towards mail in voting due to the pandemic. It failed, thank fuck, because Trump was the absolute worst President in American history. Though, funny enough, Biden's love for Israel might pull us into a war when Trump's international buffoonery and douchebaggery managed not to. Tho mostly because no one took him seriously.
1) So? My point was about stolen ballots, not fake ballots. Point disregarded.

2) See point 1

3) A fucking signature? That's not safe. Any asshole can scribble a name. Nobody is checking each mail in ballot

4) See point 1

5) Not even an example of it being safe. It's actually another example of how it's UNSAFE (insider was "improperly returning ballots". Would have never known if dude didn't get caught)

6) Yeah, I doubt Muslim Joe cares about federal offenses.

Wanna take another crack at convincing me they're safe? Walls of text aren't necessary when no actual point is being made.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:04 am

Not worth the argument. If you still believe republican lies idk what to tell you, Bruh. Maybe one day you'll realize what's going on.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:17 pm

What lies? The guy POSTED HIMSELF STEELING BALLOTS ON HIS SNAPCHAT STORY. What more proof do you need of stolen ballots? Do they need to literally start pouring out of your walls?

Now take that proven fact and apply it to the theory that mail in ballots are safe. It doesn't add up, does it? Even your own Snopes article cited a situation where the mail carrier himself was impeding the "safety" of the mail in ballot system.