Republican admits none of his colleagues believe election was stolen

National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.
Kheron
Registered

Republican admits none of his colleagues believe election was stolen

Post by Kheron » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:16 am

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Republican admits none of his colleagues believe election was stolen

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:00 pm

I like how vague it all is.

"How many people? One? Two? Give me a ballpark"

"A lot lol"
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:38 pm

RINO gives vague answers to talking point question, news at 11.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:57 pm

What's great is that it's likely not even true. It was probably said to cause suspicion amongst Trump supporters with actual power.

Like, don't get me wrong, it could be true, but it's crazy that there's "a lot" and they all confided in this one guy.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:38 am

He's part of a committee investigating 1/6 or something, if I recall. So it makes sense that he'd be a target of quiet support from politician s too afraid to let their base know their true stance. He isn't just some random republican

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:17 am

No, it really wouldn't make sense. If there's "a lot" why don't they confide in each other? If there's "a lot" why don't they just come out and say "Hey, Trump isn't any good and we don't support him"? If this guy is more than some random politician (spoiler: He's not. He's a US rep for Illinois of all places) why does it matter who find out?

For that matter, wouldn't this support have been helpful in actually impeaching Trump instead of wasting millions on an investigation that resulted in an acquittal?

I still think it's a ruse to try to hurt morale amongst Trump supporting politicians. That's why he can't even put a ballpark figure on how many there are. "a lot" isn't a figure. To you 2 could be a lot, to me over 75% would be a lot.

Kylearan

Post by Kylearan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:38 am

Kheron wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:16 am
It was all a L I E

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6102 ... b5897a4afa
That article headline is misleading. I'm sure most elected republicans in Congress don't believe the election was stolen. They just realize a sizeable chunk of Trump followers believe the election was stolen so they must pander to these people. Doesn't matter how nonsensical the claims were, doesn't matter if they're easily debunked. They will believe the election was stolen no matter what.

Even Trump knows he lost fair and square. He just used it to make a ton of money. He made hundreds of millions of dollars in donations to "Fight The Steal" and spent only a fraction on election cases. The rest he pocketed to pay for debts and whatever. It would seem people would realize this given at least two Trump entities have been shut down because they were massive frauds. Trump University and The Trump Foundation were both scams and one was shut down by a judge and the other was sued out of existence.

Now Trump has a new scam. He's begging for donations so he can sue social media companies. The funny thing is, he filed a lawsuit in a state where the companies are not located. They will be laughed out of court, he had to file in the state where the companies are headquartered. I have to hand it to Trump, he has the ability to get people to send a lot of money to his scams.

Kylearan

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:46 am

Kylearan wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:38 am
Kheron wrote:
It was all a L I E

That article headline is misleading. I'm sure most elected republicans in Congress don't believe the election was stolen. They just realize a sizeable chunk of Trump followers believe the election was stolen so they must pander to these people. Doesn't matter how nonsensical the claims were, doesn't matter if they're easily debunked. They will believe the election was stolen no matter what.

Even Trump knows he lost fair and square. He just used it to make a ton of money. He made hundreds of millions of dollars in donations to "Fight The Steal" and spent only a fraction on election cases. The rest he pocketed to pay for debts and whatever. It would seem people would realize this given at least two Trump entities have been shut down because they were massive frauds. Trump University and The Trump Foundation were both scams and one was shut down by a judge and the other was sued out of existence.

Now Trump has a new scam. He's begging for donations so he can sue social media companies. The funny thing is, he filed a lawsuit in a state where the companies are not located. They will be laughed out of court, he had to file in the state where the companies are headquartered. I have to hand it to Trump, he has the ability to get people to send a lot of money to his scams.

Kylearan
Only Trump himself tried to shut down the organization long before it was actually shut down. Not to mention he took a measily $11k out of almost 2 million. Boo fucking hoo.

Kylearan

Post by Kylearan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:39 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:46 am
Kylearan wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:38 am
Kheron wrote:
It was all a L I E

Kylearan
Only Trump himself tried to shut down the organization long before it was actually shut down. Not to mention he took a measily $11k out of almost 2 million. Boo fucking hoo.
Well there was a bit more to it than just that. Foundation funds that were supposed to go to charities were used for his political campaign and other non-charitable activities. Trump had to pay $2 million because he didn't oversee the spending.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-foundat ... d=66827235

Trump University was a bigger scam. If you want to get a laugh, watch the infomercial Trump did for the university. He said he "hand picked" each instructor among other claims. One of the promises was that each graduating student would get to take a picture with Donald Trump. Well, not exactly...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 5-000.html

If you want to laugh more at the Trump University scam. Take a look at this guy who worked at the university. I love how he starts to squirm.

You might also look up the infomercial. That's funny too.

Kylearan

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:15 pm

Trump University was an obvious scam from the start though. Anyone who thought it was a real thing deserved to get fleeced.

FuckKiKi

Post by FuckKiKi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:32 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:15 pm
Trump University was an obvious scam from the start though. Anyone who thought it was a real thing deserved to get fleeced.
Agreed