Spooktober: horror movies where the hunted becomes the hunter

This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.
Das Troll
Registered

Spooktober: horror movies where the hunted becomes the hunter

Post by Das Troll » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:53 am

Aside from the obvious like Old Boy and I Spit on Your Grave (old and new) what are some good movies where the hunted becomes the hunter? I love movies where the person who's getting hunted by the bad guys realizes that there's nothing to keep them from turning the tables besides will and a way. Another great movie where the hunter becomes the hunted is the movie The Most Dangerous Game with Ice T and Rutger Hauer, Based on the the old short story The Most Dangerous Game. I never liked the idea of people being hunted by non super natural predators like the Texas Chainsaw family and not doing anything to fight back. You bash leather face to the ground, don't fucking run. Keep bashing him until his brains are all over the ground.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Spooktober: horror movies where the hunted becomes the hunter

Post by Enigma » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Ohh, that's a tough one.

I'm used to the classics like Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:53 pm

Korean movie I Saw The Devil is another good hunters hunted film. It's more revenge than horror though.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:40 am

It's weird that more don't just spring to mind

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:36 pm

Original Hostel was pretty good. I've been looking for a movie for years that showed a character that was hunted, tortured, whatever then just snaps and turns into twice the monster that the original bad guys were. I spit on your grave (2013) was a pretty good example that one. It really allows the audience to indulge in that dark, schadenfreude feeling. The worst part of these types of movies is the "humanity" that the "hero" finds at the end of most of them. Like the creator just can't allow the hero to be bad. "If you do this, you'll be as bad as he is" type shit.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:33 am

Huh.... I wish I had the clout to make that exact movie, then the wisdom to milk it out for a few sequels.