Kramer vs Kramer

This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.
Enigma
Site Admin

Kramer vs Kramer

Post by Enigma » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Kramer vs Kramer
Release date: 1979
Format watched upon: Laserdisc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently, while expanding my laserdisc collection, I was given $5 in store credit and picked the first movie I'd heard of for $5: Kramer vs Kramer.

Kramer vs Kramer is follows the after effects of a mother leaving her husband of 8 years and 6 year old son. The father is a work-a-holic, and at first is in complete denial about his wife never coming back, until he receives a letter in the mail addressed to their son explaining that she isn't coming back and wishes she could have taken the son with.

After a brief bout of depression, and some frustration because of the new challenges presented to both of them, the father and son form a very close bond, and the father learns to care about something other than working. He even gives up a very lucrative job because they care more about money than family.

After a little while the mom comes back and tries to take the little boy, resulting in an intense legal battle, and during the questioning the mother realizes how much the father really has changed for the better, and has a slight change of heart.

Overall I would recommend seeing this flick at LEAST once. Would I rewatch it? Most likely.
:weed: [IP: logged]