Rick and Morty Season 4 Episode 1: Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat

This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.
Enigma
Site Admin

Rick and Morty Season 4 Episode 1: Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat

Post by Enigma » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:35 am

So the Rick and Morty season 4 premier is finally here, and let me tell you, does it ever deliver. It starts off by setting the tone for the current events in a short, sweet exchange, and quickly dives into the meat of the episode. Rick and Morty go to gather some "death crystals" that show your own death, and it causes Morty to go a little crazy because one of the possible outcomes is dying with Jessica (keep in mind it's just dying with very old Jessica, no promise of a future together), while Rick dies in alternate realities repeatedly.

It's a GREAT way to kick off this TEN episode season (for some reason people got it in their head this was a five episode season?), and I can't wait to see the remaining episodes.

Notable quote:
Rick: "You have a death crystal?! I thought you were just masturbating!"
Morty: "and you took that in stride?"

Notable appearances:
Gear people (or person in this instance)
Fascist Morty/Rick
Wasp Morty/Rick/Summer/Jerry
Shrimp Morty/Rick
Mr Meseeks
Project Phoenix is brought back for some fun results, and could spell more fun for the future.

Watch Here
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Rick and Morty Season 4 Episode 1: Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat

Post by Das Troll » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Just watched it. I'm glad they got back to their roots a bit on this one. They didn't get all SJW into the whole nazi stuff.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 am

Dude, I'm pumped for this season. I haven't been this into an animated show since Venture Brothers (which still pisses me off that it kind of died). It's not smart humor either. It's funny because it's seeing someone with seemingly limitless knowledge who's a depressed alcoholic like the rest of us.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:27 pm

I think it's smart-ish humor. Some of the stuff is pretty sci fi but nothing to the extent that a lot of douche soy boys try and make it out to be.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:18 am

It's, like, first year college level smart though. Like if Big Bang Theory had a bastard child with South Park.