Old Totse review #7 Absinthe - Why It's All The Rage!

Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.
Das Troll
Registered

Old Totse review #7 Absinthe - Why It's All The Rage!

Post by Das Troll » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:00 am

https://newtotse.com/oldtotse/en/drugs/ ... 79532.html

The myth of "chasing the green fairy" is one I have never experienced. In many states Absinthe used to be illegal because of the mild hallucinogenic properties. Recently in my state it had become legal. One of my trips to Mardi Gras I found myself in the old absinthe house and decided to get some of this awful garbage.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/jea ... nthe-house

It tastes like melted black licorice. If you like the fennel flavor then you'll love this wretched horse piss. I had a little of my brothers drink and then never touched it again. There are much better and easier ways to have mild visuals. On a side note, wormwood is easy to grow if you want to make your own absinthe. Be warned though, the seeds are like little grains of salt and cats love to piss all over them.

On a side note the bar is pretty neat. It has some interesting history with a little patio out back with this stone tablet.
stone.jpg
stone.jpg (173.4 KiB) Viewed 705 times
I got a wax and wax paper rubbing of it for framing.

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: Old Totse review #7 Absinthe - Why It's All The Rage!

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:38 am

Great review, as usual. I've never gotten the hype over absinthe. Now, if it was like doing shots of LSD......
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet