In depth weed bong cleaning guide by Obbe (Pulled from NiS)

Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.
AngryIVer
Registered

In depth weed bong cleaning guide by Obbe (Pulled from NiS)

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 am

Hadn't smoked my bong in months. It had been sitting out in the garage this entire winter with the same dirty old bong water in it too. I was pleasantly surprised to find the bong water hadn't frozen and destroyed the percolators. However, it was disgusting:

You can also see the pipe that I've been using in place of the bong.

Bong mouthpiece, wanna suck on that?

Don't think this is as bad as the last time it was cleaned, however dirty enough for this demonstration.

Going to use table salt and isopropyl alcohol to clean this thing. Doesn't really matter what kind, used 75% last time and it cleaned just as well.

Run the tap in your sink and let the water get hot. Rinse the bong out with hot water a few times. This can get messy but the isopropyl should help clean any resin mess. The hot water should remove a lot of the build up already. When no more will come out, fill the bong as much as you can with hot water and let it all warm up for a few minutes.

Once everything is nice and softened up, dump out the water and chuck in a bit of salt:

Then pour in a bit of isopropyl

Now shake the hell out of it for awhile. The warmed-up residue will dissolve in the isopropyl, but the salt will not and will act like an agitator helping to smash that resin up. After a while when you think you are done, you can again rinse it out a few times with hot water and dry:

The bowl I typically will just scrape out with a toothpick. This particular bowl has a built in screen with 5 holes, I make sure these are clear of any blockage.

When I'm ready to use it, this is how much water I put in a bong. Just enough to cover the percolators.

That's how I clean my bong.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Das Troll
Registered

Re: In depth weed bong cleaning guide by Obbe (Pulled from NiS)

Post by Das Troll » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:58 pm

Interesting. I wonder if that would work with stains in 6 gallon glass carboys?

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: In depth weed bong cleaning guide by Obbe (Pulled from NiS)

Post by AngryIVer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 am

Personally I wouldn't see why not as long as you have the ISO to do it.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet