Impossible Whopper

Favorite foods, restaurants, and cooking tips. Booze, legal smokeables, things you put in your mouth. ;)
Enigma
Site Admin

alert Impossible Whopper

Post by Enigma » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Gave it a go today and I honestly think it's as good or better than the traditional whopper. I only got the one and wish I'd gotten two because it made me feel full without feeling gross.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Ain

Re: Impossible Whopper

Post by Ain » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Impossible!

I want my meat grown in a petri dish from animal cells. Mmmmm, tasty looking meatball!
https://www.memphismeats.com/
Really, how would you feel about eating meat grown in a lab? Would you try it? Does it matter?
I would definitely try an impossible burger. And I would probably try that frankenmeat from Memphis meats.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:56 pm

I would at least give it a try if they presented it in a similar manner as the Impossible Whopper. I really came down to being in the drive-thru, seeing it on the menu and thinking "Meh, for $5 I'll give it a shot". I'm one of those people who loves steak but doesn't care to see how it's made, but wouldn't stop eating it because I watched the cow get butchered.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:41 pm

I'd eat them after about 10 years of public testing. I feel like this is one of those things where they realize that the fake meat burgers were causing cancer or some shit.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:20 am

I really can't help but wonder what's in them because I've never craved something so hard. Like, the flavor was good, but it's not something I'd typically still be thinking about days later.

Wyatt Burp

In the interest of being fair....

Post by Wyatt Burp » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:47 pm

Hey, if they've got a burger made from vegetables it's only right that they invent cauliflower that's really made from bacon, right?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:34 pm

Correct.

I started looking into it and I guess KFC has plant based chicken coming to a larger test market, and McDonalds has a plant based burger in Canada as well.