Welp, here goes nothing

Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.
Enigma
Site Admin

Welp, here goes nothing

Post by Enigma » Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Some spores somehow got into a bunch of jars I had sitting around, so I figured I might as well see how they grow. Might be interesting.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Welp, here goes nothing

Post by Das Troll » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:55 am

You really, REALLY need to control for outside mold spores. That's what will ruin your whole set up. I assume you are pressure cooking your medium then doing some sort of spore injection? Build a box where you have holes cut in the side and rubber gloves glued onto the holes. Make sure the box is see through and put a lid on it where you can fill the entire inside up with Lysol. I've even heard of people flash flaming the inside of the box to kill all foreign bodies. Only then do you put the spores into your medium. Otherwise you WILL get mold spores that WILL ruin your shit.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:06 pm

Yeah, that was the most irritating thing. I had just gotten done making these jars sterile.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:32 am

So far so good. 6 out of 8 jars are showing signs of growth, and there's no visible mold. I'm going to let them chill for another 7-10 days and move the better looking ones into bigger jars to see what they do.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:43 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:32 am
So far so good. 6 out of 8 jars are showing signs of growth, and there's no visible mold. I'm going to let them chill for another 7-10 days and move the better looking ones into bigger jars to see what they do.
Are you using perlite and coconut fibers or just leaving them on the cake?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:10 pm

No, the plan is to use douglas fir pellets and coir.