EDC knife

This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons.
Das Troll
Registered

EDC knife

Post by Das Troll » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Wan't a good EDC knife that won't break the bank? Try the RAT (Randall's Adventure Training) Model 2 is what I carry.

Specifications

Overall Length:7.00"
Blade Length:3.00"
Cutting Edge:2.75"
Blade Thickness:0.09"
Blade Material:AUS-8
Hardness:58-60 RC
Blade Style:Drop Point
Blade Grind:Flat
Finish:Satin

I use it every day at work. Most of the time one of two things fail first when it comes to knives, the opening mechanism or the pocket clip. I am a lazy asshole when it comes to maintenance so that's mostly my fault. The rat however has been in my pocket for over a year with little or no maintenance on either the clip or the mechanism. The steel is actually secondary for me in a lot of ways considering how I use the knife. I don't particularly want or need my knife being shave sharp, but it was shave sharp when it came. It held that edge for a long time before I needed to sharpen it. Now I just run it over one of those kitchen sharpeners that are shaped like an X then strop it for burs.

For 20 or so dollars this knife is great. I suggest it.

vindicktive vinny

Re: EDC knife

Post by vindicktive vinny » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:56 pm

the only reason it failed was because i failed.
if your reading this, then your a faggot. FAE, FUCKING, GGOT.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: EDC knife

Post by Enigma » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:47 pm

Vinny is correct.
:weed: [IP: logged]