Shooters shooters everywhere

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Das Troll
Registered

Shooters shooters everywhere

Post by Das Troll » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:31 am

So we have a shooter in El Paso and Dayton Ohio in the same day. A fresh wave of gun grabbing is on it's way in my opinion. The Democrats will use this as they usually do, but will the Republicans actually have the nuts to stand up and say fuck off? I personally think the Dayton shooter will get memory holed because of his Antifa and left leaning beliefs while the El Paso shooter will get all the attention because of his white supremacy.

The fight to take away your rights will never end.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Shooters shooters everywhere

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:15 am

I briefly heard about the Dayton shooting and didn't even bat an eye because it's Ohio, but haven't heard much about the El Paso shooting. I wouldn't bank on Texas taking guns away.
:weed: [IP: logged]

President Brown

Post by President Brown » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:23 am

Last edited by President Brown on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:41 am

You wanna know what would stop these mass shootings? A new government. They're all fake, and the ones that are real would never have happened if they weren't looked at like some kind of fucked up heroes.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:40 pm

President Brown wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:23 am
what do you suggest be done?
Well the premise that you have to start on is "how do we fix this problem without infringing on a law abiding citizens rights?" After that you can get into the technicalities of it and start asking things like will this law have stopped the last say, 10 shooters? Almost always laws that are being proposed are laws that wouldn't have done anything.

Then if you want to be really honest with yourself you have to look at the numbers. The big scary AR doesn't account for very many deaths per year, but it's big and scary. If you control for things like gang violence and suicides (most done with pistols mind you) then the gun rate drops like a rock. Most people arguing for gun control won't do this even though they know it's true. That's about the point I stop trying to even bother with them. Want to really get gun violence to drop, get rid of gangs.

But what do I suggest be done? Make mass shooting, all of them, a death penalty offence. That means if little Jimmy goes nuts in El Paso and shoots up the place, give him a trial and if he's found competent, death. Same with Tyrone shooting up a BBQ in Chicago because Jerome looked at his girlfriend sideways. No book deals, no movie deals, no spending the next 20 years on death row eating up tax payer dollars. For the price of a rope, you set an example to the next shooter that there will be no fame for your actions. Other than that, if the solution requires infringing on others rights, then I say we do nothing. Once you go down that road then it opens up a whole can of worms.