Mostly blind, lasik sucks

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Das Troll
Registered

Mostly blind, lasik sucks

Post by Das Troll » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:25 pm

I;m going to mastly type this with my eyes closed since it hurts to keep them open. When I was told about lasik I heard that people were fine to go back to work the very next day. What a load of horse shit. I was wrecked for 2 days I can still barely keep my eyes open. The pain meds are top notch though.

I got something called PRK, ill let you look that one up if you want, but they basically shave your cornea off adn then laser blast your eyes. Now if you're wondering what fried eyeball smells like, it smells like whenyou rub two rocks together. I was fine until the valium wore off then it was nothing but pain until i got the norco in which i promptyu took double the dosage and passed the fuck out. I then slept off and on for 2 days while putting in eye drops. I can just now keep my eyes open long enough to walk around without walking into shit and even then its like looking tghrough a dirty windshield.

If you're thinking of getting lasik, remember this post.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Mostly blind, lasik sucks

Post by Enigma » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:31 pm

Noted. I'm very irresponsible with my contacts and have considered lasik, but to my understanding you have to be awake for it and that's a big "Fuck that" from this guy.
:weed: [IP: logged]

huffraid

Post by huffraid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:01 am

yeah I can't do "stay awake and look at this laser while your head is tied down"

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:00 am

You'll have to let us know how it all turns out in the end. My great grandma Gravelle had lasik and was back in glasses less than a decade later.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:40 pm

I just got the bandage contacts out and now it just feels like theres a bunch of grit in my eyes. My pupils are like pin pricks so light is super bright, makes it hard to drive and my eyes water a lot. When I can see through the tears, its quite clear.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:45 am

So maybe the end result is great?

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:45 am
So maybe the end result is great?
I hope so or I wasted 4k.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:13 am

That's a lot for lasik....

infinityshock
Registered

Post by infinityshock » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:25 pm
I;m going to mastly type this with my eyes closed since it hurts to keep them open. When I was told about lasik I heard that people were fine to go back to work the very next day. What a load of horse shit. I was wrecked for 2 days I can still barely keep my eyes open. The pain meds are top notch though.

I got something called PRK, ill let you look that one up if you want, but they basically shave your cornea off adn then laser blast your eyes. Now if you're wondering what fried eyeball smells like, it smells like whenyou rub two rocks together. I was fine until the valium wore off then it was nothing but pain until i got the norco in which i promptyu took double the dosage and passed the fuck out. I then slept off and on for 2 days while putting in eye drops. I can just now keep my eyes open long enough to walk around without walking into shit and even then its like looking tghrough a dirty windshield.

If you're thinking of getting lasik, remember this post.
im calling bullshit. it is virtually a law...and if not a law a policy in every surgical theater that ive ever heard of...in the US that surgeons arent allowed to commit a surgical procedure on both eyes at the same time.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:49 pm

It was one at a time. One right after the other. The procedure took about 15 minutes.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:33 am

^ Yeah I'm 100% sure they do both in one session.

pronosoft

Post by pronosoft » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:16 am

yeah I can't do "stay awake and look at this laser while your head is tied down"

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:04 am

Stop trying to hide links in your post.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:09 pm

what about glasses yall? I would be more inclined to keep wearing them if they are smdge resistant or something.

Do they have that? I am getting a new prescription soon maybe it won't be too expensive.
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:24 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:09 pm
what about glasses yall? I would be more inclined to keep wearing them if they are smdge resistant or something.

Do they have that? I am getting a new prescription soon maybe it won't be too expensive.
Had glasses, hated them. Mind you regular lasik is fine, I got PRK. I see great now to be honest. I wouldn't do it again though, that shit sucked.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:01 am

You gotta get the right frames and lenses. I hated glasses too other than this pair of Polos I had that were really comfortable, and my current paid isn't terrible. If you have oily skin like me plastic frames are your best friend, because the metal ones have rubber pieces that start feeling gross after a short time wearing them.

As far as scratch and smudge resistence, those Crizal lenses are nice, and if you use legitimate glasses cleaner they put a film on it that prevents smudging.