Confession

Half Baked is for the lols, irrelevant ponderings, asking stupid questions, licking the proverbial butter, whinging, being a general prat. This is NOT a spam forum. HB adheres to totse-wide rules.
Das Troll
Registered

Confession

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 am

My unemployment is making it easier for me to slip back into alcoholism. Yes, your old friend Das is an alcoholic. At the very least a minor one. I have had the DT's, I've went weeks or even months without being sober for even a few hours. My worst was laying in bed hallucinating and shaking because I spent the entire weekend drinking spirits and raving.

Right now I'm half way through a bottle of 100 proof rot gut shit booze because it only cost 10 dollars. Pro tip: if you go out of your way to get booze, to hide booze, to buy booze when you don't barely have money for food, you have a problem.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Confession

Post by Enigma » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:10 am

That's not good, holmes. I guess admitting it is a pretty good start though. I wish there was good advice I could give, but I don't understand addiction because I haven't had to deal with it.
:weed: [IP: logged]

CitizenCocaine

Post by CitizenCocaine » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:49 pm

I can't give you any real advice, other than to try naltrexone. It is an opioid antagonist, so it blocks the opioid receptors. Studies show that many alcoholics experience a rush of beta-endorphin while their blood-alcohol level is increase. Naltrexone will take away some of the "kick' you get from alcohol. You can still get drunk, but it won't feel as good.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:27 pm

CitizenCocaine wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:49 pm
I can't give you any real advice, other than to try naltrexone. It is an opioid antagonist, so it blocks the opioid receptors. Studies show that many alcoholics experience a rush of beta-endorphin while their blood-alcohol level is increase. Naltrexone will take away some of the "kick' you get from alcohol. You can still get drunk, but it won't feel as good.
I was thinking a shamanic ayahuasca trip, a heroic does as they say. I hear that people often just stop being addicted to things after experiences on psychedelics. Or maybe I should just do what I normally do and go cold turkey for a month or more. To be honest it feels like the boredom is adding to the urge. My job starts in two weeks and I've been sitting on my ass all day trying not to spend money. Well other than on cheap 100 proof vodka and boxed wine.