Burned the fuck out

Bitch, moan, flame, and complain.
AngryIVer
Registered

Burned the fuck out

Post by AngryIVer » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:33 pm

Worked essentially by myself while two people watched for 50 fucking hours out in the god forsaken heat.

Seriously might not even go back to work Monday.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered

Re: Burned the fuck out

Post by Kheron » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 pm

Man, fuck that. I never minded picking up the slack if people were struggling at work (food industry) but the one thing that pissed me off was people just fucking off.

Like sure, I was basically 2 or 3 employees in one, but I only wanted to fucking do that much work busting my ass if it was helping people out and not because they were assholes.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:59 pm

Kheron wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 pm
Man, fuck that. I never minded picking up the slack if people were struggling at work (food industry) but the one thing that pissed me off was people just fucking off.

Like sure, I was basically 2 or 3 employees in one, but I only wanted to fucking do that much work busting my ass if it was helping people out and not because they were assholes.
Remember, do it once and its a favor. Do it twice and it's now your job.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:30 am

Kheron wrote:

It's literally my job as the lead to be leading though. Can't really say anything to the owner's son either.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:31 am

AngryIVer wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:30 am
Kheron wrote:

It's literally my job as the lead to be leading though. Can't really say anything to the owner's son either.
That's some ass. Time for a new job? Line something up then quit?

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:33 am

That's sort of the plan. They know that's always in the back of our minds though and are sure to schedule everything in a way that you don't really have much time to be looking for jobs.

I'll get out eventually. This should be my last year having to do this shit.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:01 pm

Good luck. Shitty employers/jobs are the fucking worst. And damn is it scummy to schedule you like that.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:14 pm

I mean, how much of it is specifically that and how much of it is legitimate business is up for debate, but honestly, what jobs am I finding before 6am or after 5pm?

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:43 pm

TBH I am of the belief our entire system is built to prevent growth. Scandinavian countries have started to adopt shorter work weeks for the same pay and are finding, as studies already suggested & anecdotal evidence claimed, that productivity is unaffected. Work is meant to keep us busy. Wages are low so we are unable to take time off beyond the few holidays & sick days we get (most of Europe is way better in those regards, too).

The end result? Work is our life. We are dependent on work for our insurance, we live paycheck to paycheck so we can't ever take the time to improve ourselves or protest for change or do...anything, really.

We're all basically fucking wage slaves. And it's been bled into our culture & society at this point. People get deemed lazy if they dare to suggest we're overworking ourselves or undervaluing the HUMAN LIFE that goes into our soul crushing, meat grinder of a society.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Modern day slavery...... Knocking at my front door....

Well said though. If you think about it to we've only really worked like this for the past 100 years or so. Before that 90% of ones "work" would be taking care of the household.

With technology American life has just gotten harder. With every invention created to make life easier, we just find a way to make it 10x worse.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Shit, I remember reading that peasants were given more time off back in the day so that they wouldn't revolt. Medieval peasants had more downtime than the modern American. Isn't that fucking crazy?

Went and grabbed the first link that popped up regarding this. It claims that the Church pushed the time off - anywhere from 8 weeks to half the year - thru frequent holidays, wakes, etc., because vacation time kept peasants from revolting.

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2 ... -than-you/

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Imagine where we'd be as a species if our energy was focused on advancing our way of life rather than working just to live.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Ugh, if only. Humans themselves are probably going to be the driving force behind the Great Filter - which I personally believe we've yet to pass, rather than having already passed.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:21 pm

:abduction:

Great Filtering intesifies