Un-Subbing from Spam Senders

The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.
AngryIVer
Registered

Un-Subbing from Spam Senders

Post by AngryIVer » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:31 am

I'm trying a little experiment where I open every spam email and click the unsubscribe link. I noticed the bulk of it is coming from 1 company.

Today I have 20 spam emails (weirdly low amount) from yesterday pre-unsub
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered

Re: Un-Subbing from Spam Senders

Post by Kheron » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:42 am

I also report shit for spam cus it legit hurts companies I guess. If enough people do, that is. I think they get blacklisted & start to get auto sorted by spam filters?

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: Un-Subbing from Spam Senders

Post by AngryIVer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:08 am

There's some Rhonda Rodreguize shit that I can't unsub from. Like, there's two unsub options, one works most of the time, one doesn't, and the address they give to do a written unsub request is fake.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet