Why does Microsoft still bother with Windows?

Windows OS tricks, tips, and annoyances. The latest security holes and how to patch them. Server setup, tuning, and hardening.
AngryIVer
Registered

Why does Microsoft still bother with Windows?

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:42 am

Surely sales have declined over the last decade. Most people who build their own rigs like me also pirated Windows like me, and most normies buy Macs. I mean, granted, you can still go buy a pre-built, and I'm not disputing that, but when I was younger Walmart used to have AISLES dedicated to just the sales of PCs. Now it's 2 "gaming" rigs, and 4 prebuilt HPs, so who the fuck is BUYING Windows? They can't be making what they used to off of pre-built licensing.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Why does Microsoft still bother with Windows?

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:21 pm

People aren't really buying PCs anymore, it's mostly touch screen tech from phones. From what I heard, Windows X was supposed to be the last version of windows. Their logic was since it's basically on all the time they will be able to constantly upgrade it. My guess is they're still making a boat load off office computers.

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: Why does Microsoft still bother with Windows?

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:36 pm

That's exactly what I'm saying. People aren't buying PCs anymore, so why does Microsoft bother? Why doesn't Apple swoop in and just sell the OS for that matter?
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet