PUA stuff, bullshit or valid skill?

Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.
Das Troll
Registered

PUA stuff, bullshit or valid skill?

Post by Das Troll » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:56 am

People seem to either love or hate these guys. If you love them you think that PUA (pick up artist) stuff is the secret code that has been cracked. If you hate them you think of them as shmarmy dick heads who remind you of the creepy guy with his shirt buttoned half way up and a chest full of coarse black hair. Me personally, I think it's a skill like any other. If you're not in the top 20% then you better have something else going for you. I haven't really tried any of the stuff though aside from a tiny bit. Anyone else have experience with this voodoo?

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: PUA stuff, bullshit or valid skill?

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:18 am

I'm not sure how I would classify it, but not everyone can be a pick-up artist, that's for sure.

By that I mean an 8 and a 2 could use the same lines on the same 10 people and deliver them the exact same way and get different results. While yes, a lot of it is confidence, some of it is the victims natural attraction.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Howard Lee

Post by Howard Lee » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:52 pm

Valid Skill.

Being as PUAs are dealing alot with human emotions and human emotion is highly irrational you have to expect a high failure rate, but it is a lower failure rate then it would without the skills. Picking up people is like running a business, it's all about increasing your chances of getting a good result and reducing issues that cause bad results. It's like at my work at Family Dollar where we are required to suggestive sell a specific item. If I keep my head down a mumble at the end of the transaction would you like to buy a candy bar my success rate it 3 in 100. But if I keep my counter clean, suggestive sell item organized an replenished, look at the customer as they approach the counter, say hello before ringing up the 1st item, and clearly ask if they would like to help me meet my quota by buying a KitKat or Reese's my success rate will be closer to 30 in 100. Sometimes I can convince them to buy a 2nd one in the same transaction if I see they are particularly responsive.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:37 pm

As much as it's a skill, you could be the best salesman in the world and ask "Would you like to buy a literal piece of shit?" and your success rate will go to about 1 in 1000.

To contrast that if you have a nice pair of tits your success rate jumps to 1 in 10

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:02 pm

I have a ton of forgotten lore from those guys in the early days off the PUA genre. I was told directly not to post the NLP stuff to 4chan.

Howard Lee

Post by Howard Lee » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:26 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:37 pm
As much as it's a skill, you could be the best salesman in the world and ask "Would you like to buy a literal piece of shit?" and your success rate will go to about 1 in 1000.

To contrast that if you have a nice pair of tits your success rate jumps to 1 in 10
Sure if I personally am checking out and I don't want a candy bar, but the cashier is a guy I'm not buying the candy bar unless it's a pity buy. However if the cashier is tall, blonde, and young I'd probably buy the candy bar and give it back to her. However if I'm not asked at all I'm not buying at all.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:31 am

Good thing I don't care what's posted here 🤷‍♀️