Are my ethics too high in this case?

Anything and everything about sex and relations. Please try to keep this forum on-topic, since things tend to wander a bit. Search through old topics before posting a new one, as questions get repeated a lot here.
Howard Lee

Are my ethics too high in this case?

Post by Howard Lee » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:13 pm

I'm interested in a gal that works at the McDonald's attached to the Family Dollar I work at. Shes tall, blonde, and young. I'm the assistant manager at my store and I believe shes an assistant manager over there, but I stop myself cause I worry if it would be awkward for her since in a round about way we work together. Plus the only reason I know her is from her work. I kind of feel it's wrong to ask someone out at the place of their work.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Are my ethics too high in this case?

Post by Enigma » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Does she seem interested in you?

You don't really work together technically, you work adjacent to each other.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:58 pm

The old saying is familiarity breeds contempt. Psychologically it should be familiarity breeds emotion. If it's a good emotion then you have a good chance of getting with her because she knows you. This is why so many office flings happen. You're around someone a lot so you start to see yourself in fantasy scenarios ect ect. The real problem is one I got burned by and never again, don't shit where you eat. I asked a girl out that I worked with and she said no, it was never the same after that. Best thing you can do is keep it as casual as possible, that way if she blows you off you can just act like it was a co worker type outting.

Howard Lee

Post by Howard Lee » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:00 am

She doesn't seem interested, but she doesn't seem apathetic either. I'm 35 and shes probably 24, so that might explain to indifference. She probably see me as a harmless older gentleman, but if she knew of my interest I wonder if she might turn from indifferent to excited.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:29 am

She might get creeped out too.

Howard Lee

Post by Howard Lee » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:55 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:29 am
She might get creeped out too.
Yeah, that's why I say I worry about her feeling awkward. I saw where many women between 21 to 27 only want to date men between 30 to 35, but I can see the age difference being an issue especially since I look over 40, but she looks like shes still 18. By the way I know shes 24 cause I carded her when I sold her some cigarettes. Normally I wouldn't be interested in pursuing her cause I would assume shes jailbait, but now that I know there is only a 10-11 year difference I wonder. She does laugh at my dad jokes, but that may just be friendly customer service.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:05 pm

I'd just try to get her to hang out some time outside of work. Maybe not a 1 on 1 date necessarily.

Do you get along with any other coworkers? Maybe get a group thing going first so it's established that you have a relationship outside of work?