Tossing away modern conveniences

Self improvement through diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, tattooing, piercing, scarification and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.
Enigma
Site Admin

Tossing away modern conveniences

Post by Enigma » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:23 am

About 3 weeks ago I feel like I majorly improved my quality of life by doing one simple thing: I stopped using the dishwasher and the drying rack. I do a sink full of dishes, hand dry them, and put them right away and the house has looked less trashed, and the dishes have seemed much cleaner.

Another minor thing I've been doing is walking my dog every day after work, but that's still a new thing I'm trying.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Tossing away modern conveniences

Post by Das Troll » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:24 am

When I had a dish washer it seemed convenient in the beginning. Soon after it became a hassle to even fill the thing. You had to first rinse the dish, then put it in, then after it washed you left the thing open so they dried.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Tossing away modern conveniences

Post by Enigma » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 am

Das Troll wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:24 am
When I had a dish washer it seemed convenient in the beginning. Soon after it became a hassle to even fill the thing. You had to first rinse the dish, then put it in, then after it washed you left the thing open so they dried.
Yep, exactly. You can't use the auto-dry because it will bake shit on either. Plus if anything gets put in even slightly dirty I eventually end up taking it apart and cleaning out this weird screen.

I swear my mom's was different because hers would blast everything into the disposal.
:weed: [IP: logged]