Is time real or not?

This forum is about the unexplained, whether it's political hidden agendas, secret societies, clandestine operations, alien life, political assasinations, CIA trickery, Masonic sub-plots, and other bits of Truth.
AngryIVer
Registered

confused Is time real or not?

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:16 pm

So I've been thinking a lot about it, and I've often wondered how much about time is really a man made concept. I mean, it's observable in every way possible. With the movement of the sun, the changing of the seasons, aging, growth, decay, et cetera, yet our chosen method of measurement is completely our own invention that just happened to jive without any precise tools. Just generations of observable events.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered

Re: Is time real or not?

Post by Kheron » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Hell, time isn't even static. Closer you get to light speed quicker time goes for you. We could theoretically time travel into the future by just going, like, super duper fucking fast for awhile. No real way to go BACK though lmao

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:48 pm

It's going to be a shit show when someone stumbles upon a way to go backwards.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:54 pm

People just start popping out to all kill/defend a major figure. Biggest question would be: Do we make branching timelines, or does everything just...change?

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:29 pm

I think we'd get branch timelines. Like, in our timeline eventually someone will pop out and save a political figure and that will just be our timeline. I forget what the theory is called, but there is one that basically states we haven't seen time travelers because we haven't and that once we do it'll be common place, or that there's a hard cut off to when we're "allowed" to go back to.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:16 pm

I bet there'd be like...time police and shit, too. And I bet it'd be corrupt.

"We're here to arrest you for...blah blah blah"

"But I haven't done that!"

"You WILL."

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:22 am

You should watch 'Minority Report. I saw it in theaters as a kid, but it deals with the flaws involved with stopping murders before they happen.

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Ohh, yea, I've heard of that movie. Def should give it a watch. Great set up for a dystopia, which is where my mind immediately went to anyway.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Come to think of it there was a solid time where every movie that came out was a jam. Domestic Disturbance is another good one.

murderman143
Registered

Post by murderman143 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:29 am

time is a man made measurement,,, and just a concept .. they have transported info using quantum entanglement on a quantum level back in time, and have proven per say via simulation with light photons ,,results were self-consistent, nudging us toward the truth of that of relativity, string theory, quantum entanglement..ect

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:36 am

murderman143 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:29 am
time is a man made measurement,,, and just a concept .. they have transported info using quantum entanglement on a quantum level back in time, and have proven per say via simulation with light photons ,,results were self-consistent, nudging us toward the truth of that of relativity, string theory, quantum entanglement..ect
I'm gonna just call bullshit unless you have a source. I'm pretty sure mankind having successfully sent information back in time would have been world news.

cctvgod

Post by cctvgod » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:08 pm

Greetings all,

Another great dystopian sci fi film that touches on the manipulation of time itself and even God, is Ursula Le guin's The Lathe of Heaven. One of the greatest low budget sci fi movies on topics such as these. Almost impossible to find the DVD, but can be found various places online and to stream. Highly recommended.

As y'all were.
<~tDiB

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:36 am

cctvgod wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:08 pm
Greetings all,

Another great dystopian sci fi film that touches on the manipulation of time itself and even God, is Ursula Le guin's The Lathe of Heaven. One of the greatest low budget sci fi movies on topics such as these. Almost impossible to find the DVD, but can be found various places online and to stream. Highly recommended.

As y'all were.
<~tDiB
You can actually watch both the 1980s and 2002 full versions on YouTube.

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:28 am

1980's version:

2002 version:

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:31 pm

info has been sent back in time

mayan calender ends in 2012, but they hired a dyslexic

it ends in 2021 that means the mayans time travel
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:28 am

fuckreddit wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:31 pm
info has been sent back in time

mayan calender ends in 2012, but they hired a dyslexic

it ends in 2021 that means the mayans time travel
I don't discount the whole Mayan calendar like some people do. I personally think they did see the future except in a very limited sense. The world ending to a limited mind must seem like a very big thing to them but a very small thing to the wider world. I think they predicted their own end and their own end was the coming of the Europeans. The number of the day is just a misconception.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:19 am

^ That. It's coincidence that they stopped when they did, not to mention their 2012 would have been a while before our 2012 because of the introduction of a leap year.
:weed: [IP: logged]

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:21 am

still, if they are right

I dont think 9 years is so much off considering these guys planned it a thousand years ago

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:05 pm

I don't think we're lucky enough for it to be real.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:10 am

shit i just had this amazing thought and it got deleted when i clicked send

shit

okay so when you space out and become unaware.

it happens for 2 minutes some times 30 minutes others. what if that means something will happen for you?

you are at your job. then your boss pulls you over for 5 minutes and says you are getting a raise.

if you think about that situation in terms of the universe and time, when you space out you are being pulled away to

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:31 pm

What if you got that raise or promotion while you were spaced out? What if by some weird chain of commands you became POTUS but you were spacing out the entire time and the result was world war 3 because you didn't know and it was like some giant where's waldo?

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:26 am

no thats what i mean with the spacing out - it happens for a reason. like, you shut off your pc to add ram, right?

so each human needs to be shut off, or in a suspended state. maybe they are being controlled - we dont know it, but when that happens our bodies are taken over by another being to control the universe or whatever.

sometimes, you'll go to look for something and forget what you were looking for - like that, because whoever was in you at that time knows about butterfly effects.

so stoners control the universe lol

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:12 pm

I like to think we coexist among an infinite amount of dimensions. Think Rick and Morty but less cartoony. I swear there's been times I've passed a car that stood out for no real reason, just to have that same car without even realizing it while passing the same car I passed it in years before. It makes me wonder how many times, assuming this theory is correct, I've witnessed future or past self without realizing it.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:42 am

I see what you mean - but I think of it with people on the bus.

I dont go on the bus much (covid) but when I was little i went to the museums with my mom practically every day, and it was long bus rides - 3 hours on the bus, 1 on the trains, then 6 buses back, a lot of time on the bus.

But I saw a lot of people - but I can only remember a few - one homeless lady who was deformed from what I remember, and one bus ride, a schizophrenic. How did I only remember so few faces from the thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands I had seen?

It feels like I am looking at a motherboard - I dont give a shit about the little transistors, however many there may be, but I might remember the oddly shaped cable that sticks out.

feels like the motherboard of life, and I don't know what it means.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:19 pm

That's a really good way of putting it, thanks.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Your welcome!

I think that there is a stress that is caused by this. I think if 20 people were alive, maybe 10, then life would be stress free.

And I don't mean out in the woods.

I mean, a 100 foot block of land in space.

Then I would feel at peace.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Idk about that few, but I'd be chill if we dropped to like 1 billion or less spread across the entire planet.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:02 pm

Yes. I probably should rethink that. Maybe it stems from culture shock - it stresses me out to not know something I feel I "have to" learn about. No one says "learn Russian and live in Russia for 5 years" but it makes me uncomfortable.

The unknown just fuckin sucks, I just want to be at peace that I won't learn about it. Call me a brainlet *reddit hivemind vibes* but I want to drift through life and do whatever, I hate standards. I have to think about managers.

Managers, salesmen, those 9-5 type jobs. People know they are pointless, but I want that. I WANT that. Just not doing jack shit and sitting at an office. I could go on vacation every 5 years, whatever. That simple life is nice, but instead of bitching I can't go to Japan, I'll do shit I really enjoy. I don't want to go to Japan right now. I want to play video games. So WHY THE FUCK would I go to Japan if some jackass redditor told me I should.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:25 am

I feel you, brother, I want that too. I was telling my wife the other day "It's always been my dream to work in one of those skyscrapers" and she didn't understand until I broke it down like this "You come to work every day clean and looking nice, talk to a bunch of other nicely composed people, get paid $70+k a year SALARY, usually get multiple weeks paid vacation, bonuses, comission for sales, et cetera. MUCH more chill than doing construction for peanutes"

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:26 pm

I got into one of those gifted schools for smart people. Everyone there, my parents, the teachers expect me to do something amazing, to go innovate.

Why can't I enjoy the little things? Everyone says enjoy the little things. But then they turn around and say "Be an engineer at NASA or something so you can live in a mansion".

I'm not boasting I just think I should be accepted for wanting to put in minimal effort because I am completely fine with a minimal outcome.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Because you could do something that makes you enough money TOO fuck off and do whatever you want lol

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:44 pm

good idea. fake it.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:28 am

Not so much fake it as much as, like, my SIL's boyfriend became independently wealthy by playing the stock market for a few years, so now he just screws around working on cars. He has some small job at his mom's resteraunt, but he's allowed to do whatever since it's his mom.

Just set a goal and reach it quickly.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:19 am

wtf did it delete my reply???

Cut to chase - not much needed to join, rise unti;l steady income.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:16 pm

Essentially. That's my plan. I'm going to keep investing until I build up enough to start some minimal involvement business, most likely running rental properties. People talk about how it's so much work and blah blah blah but in reality work is what you make of it. Renovating properties that I own to turn a profit isn't work, and if you rent to the right people you're only spending a couple grand on paint every 5 years.