Old Totse review #5 Blowgun

This is the forum dedicated to weapons, martial arts, and their related technical, political and social issues. Weapons and Combat is for the safe and responsible use of firearms, knives, fists and other weapons.
Das Troll
Registered

Old Totse review #5 Blowgun

Post by Das Troll » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:22 pm

https://newtotse.com/oldtotse/en/bad_id ... owgun.html

This is actually a good article minus a bit of over engineering. Blowguns have been used by man for thousands of years to kill small game and even huge game. Here is a video of a man doing just that.

Switch to 7:28 to see the shot. What he did was loosen the plastic tip so it would come off and the dart would keep going into the bears heart. Eventually the bleeding will fill the chest of the bear and it will die. Blowguns can be extra nasty if you apply poison to the tips as many tribesmen did in Africa. Poison dart frogs were called that for a reason.

Back to the article. I used to make these when I was an asshole teen. You can follow the way it's done on the article and get a perfectly serviceable blow gun, but you really only need to know the basics of what makes a blowgun in the first place. A tube, ammo, and a way to slightly clog the tube with the ammo. Here's my own little contribution to blowgun making.

Things you need:

1. PVC pipe. I like to make them small. Only about 1/2 in. x 12 in.

2. Some small corks that will slide through the pipe easily. Usually these things can be found at any hardware store. If the cork fills the PVC pipe almost completely, then it will work.

3. Pack of small nails

Take the nails and drive one right through the center of the cork. You can use headless nails, needles, or regular nails. Load the cork in where you're going to put your mouth and let it slide in a bit. You now have a blow gun that can be stored up a sleeve or whatnot. You could use this for any number of things like killing small rodents, birds, or simple target practice. The blowgun can be modified to make it more effective by making it longer, putting a flute on the end where you stick your mouth so you gain more pressure, using different darts ect ect. Once you get good at making blowguns you can make a blowgun out of any tube, ammo, and clogging material.

AngryIVer
Registered

Re: Old Totse review #5 Blowgun

Post by AngryIVer » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:09 am

I like the design behind your darts better, because the cork has potential to give it a slight bit of resistance, so when it clears the end of the dart gun it will have a slight bit more force behind it.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:25 pm

so confused

how do you shoot if there is a cork and a nail blocking your mouth
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:34 am

fuckreddit wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:25 pm
so confused

how do you shoot if there is a cork and a nail blocking your mouth
Put nail through cork
Put cork in pipe that's close to your mouth
blow

The air pressure comes from the fact that the "clog" is close to the air source.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:29 pm

ooh
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!