Broken snow shovels

Do It Yourself! Advice on how to make beer, plant a garden, use power tools, record music, and build things yourself.
Das Troll
Registered

Broken snow shovels

Post by Das Troll » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Keep an eye out in the trash around your neighborhoods. Snow shovels that have wood handles often break and people just toss them out. The wood on the handles is good and is very useful for making things out of.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Broken snow shovels

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 pm

Well plus you can put a new handle on them for less than the cost of a new shovel.
:weed: [IP: logged]

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:48 am

I saw one earlier. The problem is I don't want to look like I'm carrying a weapon.

I like using scraps to make things and I saw a possible knife yesterday but I would have to file it way long than i have time for
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:22 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:48 am
I saw one earlier. The problem is I don't want to look like I'm carrying a weapon.

I like using scraps to make things and I saw a possible knife yesterday but I would have to file it way long than i have time for
Shovels heads are tool steel. You can make a decent knife out of a shovel head. You could also cut the handle off, toss the head in a fire to burn out the wood if you cant remove the stump and make a small trench shovel. Some people even cut jags into one side and sharpen the other so they can saw and cut down small trees with them.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:05 am

sounds lit af
theres one by my house ill go run and take today
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!