They don't even trust Biden to drive

Current events discussion and links to stuff that's happening right now. Who needs CNN when you have totse?
Das Troll
Registered

They don't even trust Biden to drive

Post by Das Troll » Thu May 20, 2021 12:05 pm

The car he's in has two steering wheels, the other one is controlled by an aid while Potato Joe sits there and waves. What a sad state of affairs when you're trusted to run the most powerful nation to ever exist but you're not trusted to drive.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: They don't even trust Biden to drive

Post by Enigma » Fri May 21, 2021 6:01 am

Lol wow. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore
:weed: [IP: logged]

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sat May 22, 2021 8:13 pm

Never should have had a neoliberal like Biden. Shame that he's the best the DNC can manage to shove down our throats

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 pm

Kheron wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 8:13 pm
Never should have had a neoliberal like Biden. Shame that he's the best the DNC can manage to shove down our throats
Tulsi Gabbard. I'd have voted for her and I'm not a democrat. Hell I would have voted for Yang, even if he preaches things like UBI.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun May 23, 2021 6:54 am

Kheron wrote:
I just hope he at least does some of the cool things like tuition forgiveness.

Welcome back btw?

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Sun May 23, 2021 8:45 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:54 am
Kheron wrote:

Welcome back btw?
That'd be nice, but last I read he seems pretty hesitant on tuition forgiveness. AOC and other Congressmen have been pressuring him to do the 50k loan forgiveness, though.

iirc he HAS said he wants to push tuition-free community college. I'm a bit torn on getting in now or waiting for that to go through. I really want to avoid debt as much as I can, but you need that piece of paper to be taken seriously in our society. Doubley so for stuff that would make sense to actually be educated for, like politics, which I still am thinking about.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun May 23, 2021 11:32 am

Kheron wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:45 am
Helladamnleet wrote:
Kheron wrote:

Welcome back btw?
That'd be nice, but last I read he seems pretty hesitant on tuition forgiveness. AOC and other Congressmen have been pressuring him to do the 50k loan forgiveness, though.

iirc he HAS said he wants to push tuition-free community college. I'm a bit torn on getting in now or waiting for that to go through. I really want to avoid debt as much as I can, but you need that piece of paper to be taken seriously in our society. Doubley so for stuff that would make sense to actually be educated for, like politics, which I still am thinking about.
Do what I did, get a job at the university. Often times if you work for the university they have some sort of tuition system. I basically went for free.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun May 23, 2021 11:36 am

Kheron wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:45 am
Helladamnleet wrote:
Kheron wrote:

Welcome back btw?

The thing most people don't realize is FAFSA pays tuition and most of the books, and that you don't have to pay that back. Yeah, you might have to take some loans, but people fuck up by taking the maximum amount and spending it on things not school related.

Like my wife for example: She's over $60k in student loan debt and maybe $10k of that was actually used for anything school related, and that's being extremely generous.

Or in my case I took a student loan even though I didn't even need it for books. I used the $5,000 to pay off my DWI and get my license back.

I think a more helpful thing would be legislature that states schools can't update their books more than once ever so many years unless significant advancement on the topic has been presented. That's where students are getting fucked the most, the cost of books. Everything else is for all intents are purposes free if you just maintain a 3.2 or better GPA