Line 3

National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.
Kheron
Registered

Line 3

Post by Kheron » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:05 pm

Enbridge is building a tar Sands pipeline thru native land in Minnesota. Which, due to treaty, is illegal. Police are arresting peaceful protestors, and some of the videos seemed like the protestors were even on native land.

This line crosses the missippi twice, and up here it will affect the entire river and everyone living along it. All pipelines leak eventually, and line 3 has leaked at least 9 times already and it hasn't even been finished and had oil put thru it.

Governor Walz gave Enbridge, GAVE, nearly 5B gallons in water during a historic drought so bad we created a new level of drought category to describe it. Just to convince them to make it. When it is illegal for them to do so.

This pipeline, besides the environmental & legal problems, also won't even benefit us. It is so that we can move it around on the way to selling it to China, I guess?

There are protests at the state capitol over this. Fuck Walz, fuck Enbridge.

Water is life.

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Line 3

Post by Das Troll » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Anyone who sells out to China deserves to be branded as a traitor and hanged.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:21 pm

Is line 3 the name of the pipeline?
:weed: [IP: logged]

Kheron
Registered

Post by Kheron » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:56 am

I think so. And I guess Line 3 already existed, according to a wiki article? It's just that they're laying a new segment for it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_3_pipeline

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:50 am

Kheron wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:56 am
I think so. And I guess Line 3 already existed, according to a wiki article? It's just that they're laying a new segment for it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_3_pipeline
>Mobile link

How's the mobile experience here? Just curious.
:weed: [IP: logged]