Windows Vista

The Technophiliacs forum is for discussing any and all forms of tech and other types of social backwardness. Including discussions of strange home-brewed hardware technology. Where to get good tools. How to make fiberglass molds. Computer hardware and software technolgy, including operating systems, applications, networking, hardware, CPU's, disk drives, and other geeky things. Viruses and Artificial Life discussions. End user tools discussions and support issues. Gating the Internet with other nets.
Enigma
Site Admin

Windows Vista

Post by Enigma » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:24 pm

Got a bunch of ancient laptops of FleaBay for a pretty good price, and processor speed wise they aren't bad, but I gotta take the shittiest one of the bunch apart and apply new thermal paste, and discovered one doesn't even have ram and two of them need a special power supply, so I have a 1gb stick of "compatible" ram coming, and have Vista installed on the one I could use right out of the box because XP is fucking garbage apparently and won't connect to my modern wifi.

My plan is to see if this 1gb stick works, which it should, and if it does order enough to max all 3 out and maybe sell the shitty one and keep the better two.
:weed: [IP: logged]