Pellet grills

This forum is for everything about the outdoors and nature. Post about hiking, gardening, survival, and so on. Feel free to post just about anything that has to do with the great outdoors.
Enigma
Site Admin

Pellet grills

Post by Enigma » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:24 pm

So I've been wanting a pellet grill for some time now, and when one popped up on clearance at Walmart I just had to get it. It is, of course, not a top of the line model, but the reviews seemed okay, even counting out the ones that were from people who got the grill for free, and the negative reviews seemed to be mostly people who either didn't know how to properly use the grill, didn't care for it properly, or were salty that people got it for free.

The grill I got was the Expert Grill Atlas electronic pellet grill/smoker, and I was actually very surprised by the build quality. It's VERY heavy, and when fully assembled feels extremely solid.

Using the grill couldn't be easier. You fill the hopper with your pellets of choice (I used applewood pellets), turn the grill on, and hit prime until the pellet reach the burn pot, then set your desired temp and let it do it's thing. 10-20 minutes later (took me a little longer because it's still kind of winter) it will be up to temp and ready to rock.

When you're done, just power it off, and wait for the pellets left in the burn pot to go out and you're done until the next time you're ready to grill.

If you want the ease of propane married with the flavor of wood you'll never find a better option than a pellet grill, and I couldn't recommend them enough.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Pellet grills

Post by Das Troll » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:04 am

Might try and check a website called https://www.bidfta.com/. That site is basically when people buy stuff off amazon and then send it back. It costs too much for amazon to repackage it and sell it again so they have auctions on huge pallets of stuff. This site is a sort of go between. Around the country they have locations where you can bid on those items from incomplete, to scratch and dent, to brand new items. Some items are so cheap you can get them for 80% off because no one wants to bid on it. Just read the listing carefully so you don't buy something that's busted up too bad or incomplete.

Sounds like a scam right? Well there are some catches. The first one being you have to go to a location near you to pick it up, pay for it with a credit card when you get there, buy it as is, and be on their time frame when it comes to pick ups. Most them have like 2 or 3 days a week that they're open and only for a few hours. Then if you buy something big, you have to have way to haul it. Seems like common sense but the last time I was there, someone bought an entire brand new pool table and realized they couldn't fit it in their vehicle so they just gave it to someone who was waiting in line with me.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Pellet grills

Post by Enigma » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:37 am

^ Around here the big thing was pallets of undelivered/returned Amazon packages. Sometimes you'd get a pallet full of toilet paper, sometimes the pallet would have like 1 iPad on it, who knows?
:weed: [IP: logged]