Need to change the software being used

News about what's happening on this web site and BBS. Please keep posts on topic.
Enigma
Site Admin

Angry Need to change the software being used

Post by Enigma » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:55 am

There's no real way around it, I'm going to have to change the software before it's too late. It's becoming increasingly difficult to get into the ACP and I'm scared that the day will come eventually where I'm locked out for good.

We have a few options though. I could just use e107 because it has the ability to import all the users and posts easily, I could change to a different free solution (SMF, YaBB, et cetera), or I can hold out a little longer and hope that I can get vBulletin within the next 6-8 weeks.

e107 has all the features I want, and is free, but it's antiquated and hard to do CSS for it in a way that looks right.

phpBB is easily the best free BBS software, so anything I replace it with in that regards is going to feel like a downground.

vBulletin just costs a lot. I could maybe pay for vBulletin cloud, but at $20/month I could have paid for it a year from now.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Need to change the software being used

Post by Enigma » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:53 am

So I already have the money for vBulletin. Just need to wait a couple weeks to make sure nothing comes up where I might need it for that, but I'd say we'll be running vBulletin by like February 1st if everything goes good.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:00 am

I'm still working on it. A few things came up financially, but the funds are still technically there. I recently made some budget changes and need to give it 6-8 weeks to make sure I'm estimating the increase in cash flow properly.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm

How much does it cost?

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:31 pm

It depends. For the base software it's $250, but I sort of want mobile suite so there's a New Totse app, so that would be $350, plus if I want it debranded that's an extra $100.

I'm just not trying to rush things because there's a lot of shit involved in changing over.

kriptopoulin
Registered

Post by kriptopoulin » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:29 am

still working on it
I am a crypto trader for the last 5 years.The Moon channel has been extremely helpful in this regard.
If you're looking to invest in crypto,visit The Moon channel to stay ahead of all the latest news on cryptocurrency.
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMoonCar

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:34 am

Yeah I actually have the money and everything set aside, just slow to make the change because it's a lot of redesign.