A realization I had about LGBTQ

Half Baked is for the lols, irrelevant ponderings, asking stupid questions, licking the proverbial butter, whinging, being a general prat. This is NOT a spam forum. HB adheres to totse-wide rules.
Enigma
Site Admin

A realization I had about LGBTQ

Post by Enigma » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:02 am

So a while back my oldest tried saying she's a non-bianary trans lesbian or some shit like that, and at the time her mother and I were upset, but couldn't quite put our finger on why, because we don't really have a problem with any of it, but she seems so young to be making that choice, but all these people are saying children can make this choice blah blah blah and it clicked to me WHY they can't make that choice: If you are still at an age where you find the opposite gender 'yucky' and think kissing and whatnot is gross, haven't hit puberty, whatever you are NOT old enough to make that kind of choice.

Case and point: Now she's a little older and has started noticing boys and is starting to drop the whole bullshit lesbian schtick. Not to say I'd be mad if she WAS a lesbian, but she's not, which is what makes me angry.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: A realization I had about LGBTQ

Post by Das Troll » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:24 am

It's called Transtrenderism. It's the cool thing to do and studies have shown if one person in a friends group does something thats popular, the rest tend to follow it. The trick is to not condone it while not condemning it. Remember, the young will always fight the old on whatever beliefs there just because an old person is saying it. That's pretty much what 99.99% of trans shit is, just people hopping on the bandwagon to stick it to authorities.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:01 am

That's kind of what her mom and I have tried doing. It's hard to tell someone what they are/aren't though

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:08 pm

Most young people grow out of it. Most of the transtrenders I've seen have been people whos parents really pushed them into it or really tried to push them away from it. What I would really steer the kid away from is anything that they can't change, surgery or HRT. Lot's of trans people would string me up for that statement but I just look at the numbers.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:14 pm

See, like, my little sister is trans, but she started the process after she became an adult, and if I remember correctly went to two years of therapy before doing anything to make sure it was something she wanted to do (IE it wasn't just depression or something)

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:30 am

I went to college for psychology (as much of a waste of time as it was) and as far as I can see through the numbers, there are VERY few actual trans people. Most of them are simply transtrenders or confusing depression for body dysmorphia. I mean If you look at the suicide rate for trans people its shockingly high, almost 50%. That tells me that indulging in transgenderism is simply an incorrect diagnosis to a problem that's statistically far smaller than people think.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:17 am

^ Like HTS_Noob. HTS will some day kill himself when he realized he's taken the act too far by cutting off his balls.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:50 pm

Enigma wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:17 am
^ Like HTS_Noob. HTS will some day kill himself when he realized he's taken the act too far by cutting off his balls.
That happens a lot. They're told over and over by everyone in liberal society that this will fix their problem, and when it doesn't they drop into the deepest pits of depression. People will often say that it's because of how society treats them, I think that's bullshit. You know who had roughly the same suicidality rate as trans people do? Concentration camp Jews. Like come on, are you telling me that trans people have as rough a time living as a Jew in Auschwitz?

It was a promised cure that didn't work and now they're mutilated for it, I'd probably consider killing myself too.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:45 pm

Exactly. Usually if they make a huge deal about it it was probably for attention