Good places to lift?

Finances, money, investing, saving, getting a job, anything to do with the green stuff that makes the world go around.
kingoffrogs
Registered

Good places to lift?

Post by kingoffrogs » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:35 pm

Any good places I can lift electronics?

Right now, my main target is 5 Below, and for multiple reasons:

1: Low Risk and Low Security, most of the people working there are minimum wage teens that aren't paid enough to care about stopping a shoplifter.

2: Electronics lifted here tend to have a pretty good profit margin, I lifted a 5$ Singular earbud with built-in mic and sold it for something like 15$.

3: most 5 Belows are pretty small, so if you go in at a rush hour you can quite literally walk in, grab handfuls of stuff, and walk out. I did this to get candy for my coworkers once, I got 5 bags of Lindor truffles lol.

4: Security cams are fake (at my location at least) and the only person at the entrance is a cashier most of the time.

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Stay safe out there, stranger. :sun:

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Good places to lift?

Post by Das Troll » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:52 pm

Depends on the state you live in. California for example you can basically rob the store blind as long as its under 900 dollars, there's tons of videos of people doing this. Really the best places are big box retail stores like Walmart because of the very reasons you stated, low paid workers who don't give a fuck. Even the return center they don't really care all that much. You could buy things like external hard drive casings, open them up, and then replace them with broken parts and return the item. If you're polite they likely won't check. Just watch out for the security stickers that they often place on the inside of the casing.

Another awesome place to find electronics is doing classic dumpster diving. I used to DD at my local electronics store all the time finding all sorts of neat things that weren't broke, but also not worth enough to send back and have repackaged. Be warned though, store owners consider that stealing and most states do too. Yes I agree with the idiocy of this rule, but they consider it potential income lost. Headphones, video game controllers, 6 way power strips and so on. All of them can turn a profit on Ebay.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:55 pm

Oh, I also forgot about the classic magic bag (or booster bag). An aluminum lined bag will block security tags if the bag is lined with enough layers. I THINK this still works, I haven't done it in a long time but it seems like it would.

kingoffrogs
Registered

Post by kingoffrogs » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:36 pm

Alright, thanks for the tips. I will definitely try dumpster diving, that seems a lot less harmless than shoplifting, and they probably throw stuff out in bulk too if it's labeled incorrectly or not selling. Plus I don't think someone would call the cops on me for dumpster diving unless they're a paranoid manager, definitely worth a try.

I'm in Illinois so I'm not sure what the shoplifting laws are but I usually try to keep my hauls under 50$

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:27 am

kingoffrogs wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:36 pm
Plus I don't think someone would call the cops on me for dumpster diving unless they're a paranoid manager, definitely worth a try.

They called them on me. Right afterwards they started locking the dumpster.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:00 am

Rob one of those cell phone exchange/recycling bins. Yeah, you'll end up with 100 broken phones, but of those 100 broken phones over half will be something simple like a broken screen, which can be replaced for like $2 and some time. None of them will have been reported stolen (presumably) because people just threw them in a bin
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:52 pm

Probably useless info, but amusement parks make a ton of money off cellphones and shit that fall out of peoples pocket while riding. They just auction the phones off and keep the cash.

kingoffrogs
Registered

Post by kingoffrogs » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:52 pm
Probably useless info, but amusement parks make a ton of money off cellphones and shit that fall out of peoples pocket while riding. They just auction the phones off and keep the cash.
Yeah, good idea to keep my eyes open. I'm sure that's a prominent thing at nightclubs too. It's a lot easier to lose something when you are in an ocean of drunk people lol. Pickpocketing would also probably be easier there too

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:20 am

If you're REALLY ballsy you could hit a pawn shop.

Use this tool: to get into the building and just have at her.

Remember you only have like 4 minutes before the police show up, so you better me out of there in 90 seconds.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:38 am

I thought about buying that one, I can't imagine when I would actually get a chance to even practice using it.

kingoffrogs
Registered

Post by kingoffrogs » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:54 pm

Enigma wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:20 am
If you're REALLY ballsy you could hit a pawn shop.

Use this tool: to get into the building and just have at her.

Remember you only have like 4 minutes before the police show up, so you better me out of there in 90 seconds.
Idk if that would be worth it, the valuable stuff In pawnshops is usually locked behind a glass case, so you either break the glass or pick the lock until the cops get there lol

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:38 pm

Or use that tool to gain access within a few seconds while also not alerting anyone in the area to your presence, THEN just smash the cases, grab shit, and bolt.

MY local pawn shop actually keeps a lot of nice things not in cases. Like the only shit in a case is jewelry which you'd have a hard time moving anyway.