Got an old Verichron wind up clock

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Enigma
Site Admin

thumbs up Got an old Verichron wind up clock

Post by Enigma » Sun May 08, 2022 7:27 am

It's pretty neat, but I don't envy the people back in the day having to make micro-adjustments to the pendulum and shit. It took a lot of effort to get it to even stay ticking longer than 5 minutes, and now that I have it ticking it ended up 5 minutes fast over the course of 12 hours which is roughly .6 extra seconds per minute.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Got an old Verichron wind up clock

Post by Das Troll » Sun May 08, 2022 7:04 pm

My grand parents had one of those big bastards in their living room. At midnight i think, it would BONG BONG BONG. I actually have pretty fond memories of that clock.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Got an old Verichron wind up clock

Post by Enigma » Mon May 09, 2022 5:42 am

Yeah, that Westminster chime has that effect. I wish I had a grandfather clock. My grandma had one in her house, but it was never would or anything. I remember them saying it didn't work right, but idk. I also remember one time it WAS working so who knows, maybe they were just too lazy to wind it.
:weed: [IP: logged]