Thing about horror movies that pisses me off (Secret Window spoilers)

Half Baked is for the lols, irrelevant ponderings, asking stupid questions, licking the proverbial butter, whinging, being a general prat. This is NOT a spam forum. HB adheres to totse-wide rules.
Enigma
Site Admin

Angry Thing about horror movies that pisses me off (Secret Window spoilers)

Post by Enigma » Wed May 11, 2022 10:28 pm

Why the fuck do they always struggle to start their car? Like, I've been in a panic before and if anything it's easier to start my car during these times because I'm more determined to do it.

Like, I just finished 'Secret Window' staring Johnny Depp and, spoiler, in the end he kills his wife only she would have got away if she didn't take so long starting her car and putting it in gear as well as releasing the brake apparently, plus she didn't try literally any evasive driving, just went straight backwards at like 5 miles per hour while he drug her out of the car.

If she'd just got in, put it in gear, and released the brake she'd have had a 20 second head start in a Saab 9-3 vs a piece of shit Jeep Cherokee.

My favorite part though is that the whole town knows he did it.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Thing about horror movies that pisses me off (Secret Window spoilers)

Post by Das Troll » Thu May 12, 2022 12:09 am

It's just a trope, like the girl falling when she's running from the monster. Neurologically panic takes up cognitive load until it's hard to do simple things or answer simple questions. My sergeant used to do the same shit to me and fuck with me to the point where I couldn't even answer simple questions.