Smokeless Tobacco

Favorite foods, restaurants, and cooking tips. Booze, legal smokeables, things you put in your mouth. ;)
BillGatesJR

Smokeless Tobacco

Post by BillGatesJR » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:52 am

Any other Totseans dip?

Back in the day my main brands were either TimberWolf or Longhorn as both of those were reasonably priced and had tons of flavor. But TW is becoming increasingly harder to find in my neck of the woods, and if I do manage to find TW somewhere, it's outrageously overpriced. Longhorn is still widely available and the prices haven't seemed to increase much over the last decade.

I've also been quite fond of Grizzly Wintergreen on occasion, as well as Rooster and Husky Long Cut Mint. Unfortuntely, Rooster was discontinued long ago, as well as most flavors of Husky. Husky Long Cut Mint was by and large the best peppermint dip ever made. I don't normally buy mint dips because mint dips are pretty hit or miss, most of them leaning towards miss. But Husky was incredible - it was like dipping a candy cane. Rooster Icy Mint was tasty as well. The closest match to Husky Mint I can find is Klondike or Derringer, but the texture and nicotine leave much to be desired... Someone needs to petition USSTC to bring back Rooster and Husky.

My go-to dip currently is Longhorn Wintergreen. It tastes fantastic and is far cheaper than most other mainstream brands, especially if you buy those big plastic 12-can tubs. Occasionally I'll pick up a can of Grizzly for the nostalgia, and/or the extra nicotine boost if I'm having a really shitty day. Grizz Green sure brings back some fond memories of my school years, but I don't buy it much these days because it's gotten expensive as fuck. It used to be $2-$3 per can but now it's up to $5+.

What's your morning pick-me-up?

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Smokeless Tobacco

Post by Enigma » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:08 am

Back when I would dip I used to chew Stokers because it's cheap af. You could get a log for some stupid low amount like $11 or $20
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:45 pm

I used to dip grizz and my grampas Redman when I could steal a bit from him. I stopped for many years and then decided to try it again with a friend. I can't remember what he had but it was in a pouch. I was fine for the first few minutes then I almost fell over and had to puke in a bush. Haven't touched the stuff since.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:28 pm

It just never really did it for me. I still ended up smoking, often times with a dip in my mouth

BillGatesJR

Post by BillGatesJR » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:22 pm

Enigma wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:08 am
Back when I would dip I used to chew Stokers because it's cheap af. You could get a log for some stupid low amount like $11 or $20
Stokers is awesome! I love the extra long cut and the flavor ain't bad for the price. They also have the bulk plastic tubs for a bit of a discount. I think one tub of Stokers = 10 cans worth.
Das Troll wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:45 pm
I used to dip grizz and my grampas Redman when I could steal a bit from him. I stopped for many years and then decided to try it again with a friend. I can't remember what he had but it was in a pouch. I was fine for the first few minutes then I almost fell over and had to puke in a bush. Haven't touched the stuff since.
Only time I ever puked from dipping was if I took a long break from it and then started again with a large pinch. If you decide to give it a go again, definitely start small and don't start with a strong dip like grizz. Personally, I also find that having a sugary cola beverage on hand helps if I start to feel nauseous from the nicotine.
Enigma wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:28 pm
It just never really did it for me. I still ended up smoking, often times with a dip in my mouth
Smoking with a dip in? That's some pretty hardcore shit. I once had a cigar after having finished a big pinch of Kodiak and I had a massive headache and nausea from nicotine overload.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:05 am

Yeah, you're not supposed to but I don't let the government tell me what to do

Vega

Post by Vega » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:01 pm

Skoal Citrus
Or Belmont Snus (pouches). The snus was mint flavored.

I'm up in Canada. I know they have Skoal in the USA but they don't have Belmont.

I've never consumed smokeless tobacco in significant quantity. Mostly just used it on construction sites where I couldn't smoke cigarettes.

I smoke cigarettes instead.
:abduction:

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:16 am

Here in Wisconsin/Minnesota it's not uncommon for people to chew around deer season. I guess the deer can smell the cigarettes (makes sense) but can't smell the chew (doesn't really make sense)