The true meaning of religion

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Aub01

The true meaning of religion

Post by Aub01 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:58 am

I got bored so i wanted to type this out

If nihilism is the true intention of not believing in anything and that all attempts to have meaning is meaningless then that’s how it was before religion, nobody really knew what happens after death, that’s when religion comes in, when christianity in year 20 or something came it swept the land even though there were other religions that far surpassed it, it was the most influential religion that swept across that gave meaning to life and why it was so popular to be a christian, but atheism is the meaning of freedom and do what you please to have meaning in this world, to release from the chains of religion morales, religions had good intentions to be good, but ultimately the satan in their heart took over, testing their powers and how far they can go far into the hearts of people, satan may be a bad person but he is the meaning of true freedom and god is the true meaning of restriction, like chains upon your hands, heaven and hell is something, hell is considered restricted, while heaven is freedom, but you cannot commit sins in heaven so ultimately that’s also considered as restriction and ultimately people will always commit a sin in a lifetime, while hell is considered still free, is it really a bad thing to live a life of freedom? To devote is to reduce time of your life, and restrict freedom from you, nihilism is ultimately atheism, but does not detest against gods, atheism may be hated but it protects what is loved by all, freedom to express and choose what you want, to break out of the system of bad people and to let people choose who they want to be, unlike christianity, but if all religious things like atheism and christianity have prophets then satan is atheism’s prophet, they detest against god’s rules for freedom, but nihilism prophet’s is the void, so when that’s all and said, buddhism is nihilism and the fact that you reincarnate over and over until something happens (heaven i think)

What is your thoughts on this

Das Troll
Registered

Re: The true meaning of religion

Post by Das Troll » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:58 am

This is what laveyan satanists pretty much believe. People think Anton Lavey made the church of satan to worship satan when they really were just a bunch of theistic atheists. Believing themselves to be the gods of their own destiny, the satanic bible reads a lot like a Libertarian manifesto with a bunch of theatrical mumbo jumbo in it. To be honest it just seemed like a way for a bunch of freedom seeking libertines to get together, have orgies, and take drugs.

As for the freedom of heaven and hell in its biblical sense, hell wasn't even a concept until later on in Christendom where it was twisted into a device of fear and control. As far as I remember, "hell" was just being out of the sight and love of God. And I use the word "just" not to demote or minimize it, but only to put it into context. No demons and fire, no torture, just a profound sense of emptiness and loss.

Aub01

Post by Aub01 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Das Troll wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:58 am
This is what laveyan satanists pretty much believe. People think Anton Lavey made the church of satan to worship satan when they really were just a bunch of theistic atheists. Believing themselves to be the gods of their own destiny, the satanic bible reads a lot like a Libertarian manifesto with a bunch of theatrical mumbo jumbo in it. To be honest it just seemed like a way for a bunch of freedom seeking libertines to get together, have orgies, and take drugs.

As for the freedom of heaven and hell in its biblical sense, hell wasn't even a concept until later on in Christendom where it was twisted into a device of fear and control. As far as I remember, "hell" was just being out of the sight and love of God. And I use the word "just" not to demote or minimize it, but only to put it into context. No demons and fire, no torture, just a profound sense of emptiness and loss.
Indeed, the truest of freedom is one result of atheism, and the god of freedom is satan, but nonetheless i haven’t seen you in the totse discord

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:54 pm

Yeah, I was more of a IRC guy. When I was in the newtotse IRC, it just seemed like a message board there because we didn't have many people.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:10 am

Yeah the Discord isn't that much faster these days.
:weed: [IP: logged]