I'm high on codeine

Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.
Vega

I'm high on codeine

Post by Vega » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:49 pm

I just wanted to say hi while I'm high on codeine.

I'm not really high. Just dopey I guess.

Sometimes I take codeine for chronic pain and today I took a strong dose.

So I'm kind of dopey.

It's a bit nauseating tbh.
:abduction:

Santriel

Re: I'm high on codeine

Post by Santriel » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:32 pm

You can't get high off codeine in any way or fashion haha.

It's a mild CNS depressant and nothing more; You're just a little "ko" ;)

Vega

Post by Vega » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:13 am

ko is a good way to put it.

I'm not as dopey anymore but my chronic pain is still alleviated.

Today was a good day.

Santriel

Post by Santriel » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:18 am

Try chewing cloves (really, no joke). They're packed full of eugenol (2-méthoxy-4-(2-propenyl)-phénol) that's a major painkiller and instant blocking agent :)

If you have tooth pain for instance you chew on them for like 10 seconds and you don't feel anything for around 4 hours, like you've been stung lidocaine by a dentist :)

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:50 am

Santriel wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:18 am
Try chewing cloves (really, no joke). They're packed full of eugenol (2-méthoxy-4-(2-propenyl)-phénol) that's a major painkiller and instant blocking agent :)

If you have tooth pain for instance you chew on them for like 10 seconds and you don't feel anything for around 4 hours, like you've been stung lidocaine by a dentist :)
Cloves? Is this a nutmeg type thing?

Santriel

Post by Santriel » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:55 am

Dunno (and haven't found it) in english, guess it's more 'local' than I thought)

The 'Girofle tree" Around here we used to pluck them in oranges to void off mosquitos :)

And it's a really REALLY strong anesthetic (eugenol is like 10 times more potent than lidocaine, just TOUCHING it renders your fingers numb)

(Syzygium aromaticum)

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:46 am

TIL codeine is for pain, not sleep.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:52 pm

Cloves:

Use of clove for any medicinal purpose has not been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, and its use may cause adverse effects if taken orally by people with liver disease, blood clotting and immune system disorders, or food allergies.[3]

Cloves are used in traditional medicine as the essential oil, which is used as an anodyne (analgesic) mainly for dental emergencies and other disorders.[16] There is evidence that clove oil containing eugenol is effective for toothache pain and other types of pain,[3][17] and one review reported efficacy of eugenol combined with zinc oxide as an analgesic for alveolar osteitis.[18] Clove essential oil may prevent the growth of Enterococcus faecalis bacteria which is often present in a root canal treatment failure.[19]

Studies to determine its effectiveness for fever reduction, as a mosquito repellent, and to prevent premature ejaculation have been inconclusive.[3][17] It remains unproven whether blood sugar levels are reduced by cloves or clove oil.[17] The essential oil may be used in aromatherapy.[3]

Reminds me of Ghost Pipe or Monotropa Uniflora
pipe.jpeg
pipe.jpeg (942.89 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
I've heard that this can be made into medical levels of pain killers, not sure about that claim though. It was use by native americans for pain killing though.

Santriel

Post by Santriel » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:37 am

Well around here you can still find vials of "magistral preparations" (fancy name for "only pharmacists can do it legally") containing around 80 % eugenol + 20% lidocaine. Usually in the form of 10 ml brown glass vials.

A simple drop or swipe of it on anywhere you're hurting, count to 10 and you won't feel a thing for around 3~4 hours :)

That shit's super-powerful, just handling the beans for a while can numb your hands for a solid hour ^^

That white bug-parasite plant looks way cool ! Imma gonna try to grow some ! :D

Vega

Post by Vega » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:42 pm

I didn't know that about cloves!