Alice in Wonderland is now black

This area is for discussing any technology that creates moving pictures. Topics in the past have covered favorite avant garde films, old TV sitcoms, animation, current trash TV, TV news, making movies, home brew video, video equipment, and multimedia.
Das Troll
Registered

Alice in Wonderland is now black

Post by Das Troll » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:31 am

It's like they don't even care about trying to hide it.

All they're doing now is trying to gobble up all those WOKE points by race swapping any and all characters to people of color. Think 1865 English author Lewis Carroll ever considered Alice to be black? Do you think Lewis Carroll ever even saw a black person in 1865? The best part is when this movie flops like the dog shit it is, they will blame it on racism and they won't be wrong. Sad part is they're too stupid to see which way that racist arrow is pointing.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Alice in Wonderland is now black

Post by Enigma » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:32 am

Reminds me of when they made Roland Deschaine from the Dark Tower series black. Everyone wanted to talk about how racist I am for even caring when it's literally a plot point that he was white. Honestly, if I was black, I'd be INSULTED that they can't come up with an original black character or story. I'd be PISSED that they have to shoe-horn in a black person.

It'll flop though. Not because she's black, but because it's a terrible movie that they already remade within the last two decades.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:32 am
Reminds me of when they made Roland Deschaine from the Dark Tower series black. Everyone wanted to talk about how racist I am for even caring when it's literally a plot point that he was white. Honestly, if I was black, I'd be INSULTED that they can't come up with an original black character or story. I'd be PISSED that they have to shoe-horn in a black person.

It'll flop though. Not because she's black, but because it's a terrible movie that they already remade within the last two decades.
Rossario Dawson once said that she was pissed that they keep making comic book characters black that were once white, Spiderman for example. She rightly (in my mind) said they should be getting new characters instead of riding off the coat tails of legacy characters. Sadly so many writers in entertainment are in the woke camp that it will have to literally go bankrupt before they learn.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Oh, she's absolutely right. It's insulting to black people that nobody can be fucked to just come up with a new character.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:25 pm

The sad part is they can't even do that right either. Soon as they make an original black character they seem to always make him use electricity.

http://www.thegeektwins.com/2014/01/11- ... t-use.html

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Holy fuck I never noticed that!

They should do ones that go against stereotypes. Make a Black Aquaman, or a super smart black superhero, or one that's a positive father figure.