Separate pages for articles?

Do you have suggestions for improving the site? Do you need help with your account or the BBS? This is where to post.
Das Troll
Registered

Separate pages for articles?

Post by Das Troll » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:34 am

Any plans of doing it like old Totse? For example instead of having a download section they have a page where smaller articles are put up?

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Separate pages for articles?

Post by Enigma » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:34 am

Yeah, that was the main plan with e107, but it didn't integrate the way I anticipated (apparently there's no interest in combining e107 with phpBB), so I've kind of drug my heels on it.

See, I can add a submit news button, but that introduces moderating hundreds of those kinds of post twice a day.

I could activate some of your accounts and just let some of you do articles, but that introduces having to continuously trust/distrust people.

Right now I'm just trying to find a solution that works well, and in all honestly didn't think anyone cared, so from here on out I'll try a little harder. Still leaning towards vBulletin since that would allow to to just set a rank of, say, 150 posts and that would allow you to submit articles.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:48 pm

My main thought was for things like the great replacement document that I requested. Some people would be paranoid about downloading anything from a non corporate site, but if the entire article was just on its own linked page then it could be read like the old Totse stuff.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Fair enough point, I suppose.
:weed: [IP: logged]