Cyberpunk 2077, a beautiful pile of steaming horse shit

Games People Play is where to discuss personal computer, video game console, and arcade hardware and software - be it RPG, Sim, Strategy, Fighting, Action/Platform, or any other category. Although discussion of modern platforms/software will most likely dominate, discussion of classic videogame/computer hardware and software is always enjoyable, and certainly welcome - ESPECIALLY since there are public domain/shareware emulators of nearly every older computer/console available these days. Here's a taste of what awaits you: Nintendo-vs-Sega-vs-Sony, Console-vs-PC-vs-Mac, Hardware spec sheets/information, Industry news and discussion, Software reviews, IRC conference announcements/Reports, Emulators, Emulators, Emulators! ... and much, much more!
Das Troll
Registered

Cyberpunk 2077, a beautiful pile of steaming horse shit

Post by Das Troll » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:11 am

So I finally added another 32GB of ram to my anemic 8GB of ram and was finally able to actually play the game without it stuttering. The game LOOKS great but it only took me five minutes into the game before I saw my first glitch. NPCs just randomly do shit with no reason. I saw a NPC just freeze up and then phase through 2 doors then a fence. I can't believe CDPR decided to charge 60 dollars for this. Don't buy it for another 6 months I say.

fuckreddit
Registered

Re: Cyberpunk 2077, a beautiful pile of steaming horse shit

Post by fuckreddit » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 am

kid in wheelchair stands up and walks away if you punch him
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:14 am

Really? I have it running on 16gb of ram and Vega 8. My only bottleneck has been the fact I'm using a plasma screen for a monitor so my frame rate is stuck at like 23fps
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:41 pm

fuckreddit wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 am
kid in wheelchair stands up and walks away if you punch him
They're not even fun glitches generally, although this one is pretty funny. NPCs often just disappear when you spook them.

The system requirements for cp2077 are supposed to be this:

Cyberpunk 2077 Minimum PC: 1080p Low
Core i5-3570K or FX-8310.
GTX 780 3GB (or RX 470 4GB)
8GB RAM.
3GB VRAM.
70GB storage.
Windows 7 or Windows 10 64-bit.
Target: 1080p Low.

Only problem with those specs is the frame rate is so low it looks like a side show. Toms Hardware gives a list of recommendations for different milestones that's far more accurate in my mind.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyber ... mendations

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:35 pm

The physics aren't great either. I shouldn't be able to punch NPCs off ledges, but it didn't work.
:weed: [IP: logged]