Language Learning Bullying

Travel tips, places to go, things to do.
fuckreddit
Registered

Language Learning Bullying

Post by fuckreddit » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 pm

These charts about A1: Fuck you and then C2: You can translate a physics paper is so bullshit.

I am doing very well with my Romanian so far but I want to check my progress with CEFR or whatever that fucking chart is. It is A1 - C2 and is the levels of knowing a language. I think I am B1 but idk..

Anyways I want to learn Bulgarian too - not fluent as I want to be with Romanian but I want to know enough to be where I currently am in terms of Romanian. Bulgarian is cool and it's Cyrillic but not like Russian where its very popular. It also shares a border with Romania so it's FUCKING FIRE!!! I may do this with Turkish and Serbian because most Romanians know some of a neighboring language - I may pursure Hungarian in the same way.

BASICALLY a 3-month span of intense learning followed by a different but geographically near Romanian language.

All while still pursuing ACTUAL Romanian. I just feel bad starting it out like I feel dumb but idk..
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Language Learning Bullying

Post by Das Troll » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:25 pm

Anything worth learning will keep you feeling like a retard all the way up to the point where you don't realize your a master at it. I spent 20 years doing kickboxing and I still feel like an idiot who can't do shit right. I've had tons of fights, won belts, won titles, even moved onto things like MMA but I still feel like a noob. Maybe that's the best way to be? If you start to get an ego on how good you're getting you will quit studying and not actually master it.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:41 am

Das Troll wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:25 pm
Anything worth learning will keep you feeling like a retard all the way up to the point where you don't realize your a master at it. I spent 20 years doing kickboxing and I still feel like an idiot who can't do shit right. I've had tons of fights, won belts, won titles, even moved onto things like MMA but I still feel like a noob. Maybe that's the best way to be? If you start to get an ego on how good you're getting you will quit studying and not actually master it.
This. People that feel like they are the best also feel like they have no room to learn, which is never the case.
:weed: [IP: logged]

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:17 am

'ight sounds good

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:22 am

oh guys quick update slovakian uses the latin alphabet and it is easier says a reddit thread so im doing that for like 3 weeks since my romanian started off slow but now i now things that make it easy so ill overload on lessons

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:19 am

Have you considered Rosetta Stone? I used it years ago to try to learn French, and it was working while I was following through with it, but I don't like practicing around people so I kind of stopped.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:54 pm

if i can pay with cash it looks worth it.. the problem is im using slovake.eu which is really great.. in fact i wish they had this for Romanian. They have all these tv programs to help and A HUGE lesson library. I will do it for a week or so i don't know but I could go multilingual if I really want to. I'm picking it up fast but I don't have anyone to speak to to really. That's unless some Slovaks live near me which I doubt. I could learn Polish but it's supposedly really hard and I wouldn't go to Poland so it's not as useful in some podunk town like mine and if you spend 6 months on a language to have to not listen to someones accent while they sell you a sandwich from subway you may or may not be an imbecile.

I also want to know enough to simply communicate since it isn't impossible to leran three languages and trilingual doesn't even count as a polyglot I think that is like 5 or 6 or more. IDK.. maybe I just like Eastern Europe.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:45 pm

One suggestion I have, is maybe once you have a rough understanding watch some TV shows or movies you're familiar with dubbed in the language of choice.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:53 am

I try that but can't find any because the only ones where they aren't on a game show is selling things and i cant watch a weirdo sell me a *special ladder* for an hour

meaning i can only watch children's shows

meaning i have to look through them to find one that doesn't make me want to bury myself in snow

meaning that i have to watch the story of the goats that are eaten by a wolf but one lives so then the goat's mom goes vigilante and ill share the link..

basically he eats them but the mom goes and cuts open his stomach to pull the kids out (digestion doesn't exist here?) and then they fill his stomach with rocks (fucking rocks) and he wakes up and feels heavy (these people must be CIA to be so good at coups) so he goes in a fucking lake AND DROWNS

ok

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:03 pm

Hey, I'm just trying to help, bud. I know the struggle of trying to become fluent in a new language, especially when it's not some mainstream BS like Nippon

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:22 am

oh no i know i just went on a rant because of how much garbage kids content is on YOOCHOOB!

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Oh, I see. YouTube is life tho

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:21 pm

I know in Japan they have programs, like penpals, that you can match up with and practice a language. That way both sides get real world experience. Might look into that if you're bored with the normal route.