Afrikaans is racist: yes or no?

Self improvement through diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, tattooing, piercing, scarification and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.
fuckreddit
Registered

Afrikaans is racist: yes or no?

Post by fuckreddit » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:57 pm

Ok so I actually dropped all the slovak shit in an hour. I really don't give one fuck.

I found out about this "afrikaans" and it is basically simplified dutch. I looked it up and already jy har begin! I'm sure you knew what I said. It's that easy!

But it turns out that it has a racist history and so I don't know if I want to learn it. Of course I want to, the grammar is awesome and there is almost no conjugation. There are many root words (jy -> I, har -> have, begin -> begin, slaap -> sleep, haai -> hi, etc.) and it sounds like something to pick up on the side.

I don't really know if y'all are qualified on this but I am putting it out here anyways. Don't make fun of me for being libleft - I am not libleft, I just am not fond of offending people.

Some say that languages aren't racist (admittedly true that languages themselves may not be) but they were used to oppress, and there were even protests against the language. But at the same time that can be said for just about every western indo-european language like Portugese and Spanish etc. I am not justifying that but I am saying that it generally isn't racist to learn Spanish or Portugese.

Wat is jou mening (opinion)?
Ту лоцуи ин црима - орас!

fuckreddit
Registered

Re: Afrikaans is racist: yes or no?

Post by fuckreddit » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:00 pm

edit: I meant "Ek har begin"

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:14 pm

Are you talking about the Boer farmers? I'm sure there are some racists there, more so after dick heads like Mugabe kicked out all the white farmers, drove his own country into famine then begged to have them come back because no one besides the Dutch knew how to farm.

Or are you talking about black Africans? Because FUCKING YES. The shocking part is they hate American blacks most of all. At my work I have a lot of Somalis working there along with other Sub Saharan Africans and they come to me to talk shit about how lazy and worthless American blacks are (I'm white btw) like I'm going to join in. Also American blacks talk shit about black Africans as well.

fuckreddit
Registered

Post by fuckreddit » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:57 am

Das Troll wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:14 pm
Are you talking about the Boer farmers? I'm sure there are some racists there, more so after dick heads like Mugabe kicked out all the white farmers, drove his own country into famine then begged to have them come back because no one besides the Dutch knew how to farm.

Or are you talking about black Africans? Because FUCKING YES. The shocking part is they hate American blacks most of all. At my work I have a lot of Somalis working there along with other Sub Saharan Africans and they come to me to talk shit about how lazy and worthless American blacks are (I'm white btw) like I'm going to join in. Also American blacks talk shit about black Africans as well.
I think I didn't clarify, this one is one for the history books. I meant the language, not the Afrikaner people!