Reuters reports that the FBI find little to no evidence of January 6ths being an "insurrection"

National, state, regional, and local politics. Who's doing what to whom, and what you can do about it. How-to-get-action messages are encouraged. "How the government fucked up my life" stories are encouraged. Sharing new methods for cheating on taxes is encouraged. Sample "letters to congresscritters" are encouraged. Apathy and "I can't do anything" posts are discouraged. Left, right, centrist, or any other form of political-economic systems are all up for discussion. Be prepared to defend yourself, or at least have a good line of bullshit ready. Extensive quoting of economists and philosophers is frowned upon. We want to hear what YOU have to say, not what some constipated, impotent, dead guy dreamt up while suffering from the DT's over a hundred years ago thought.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Reuters reports that the FBI find little to no evidence of January 6ths being an "insurrection"

Post by Enigma » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:20 am

Good thing we didn't wrongly impeach Trump over it.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Reuters reports that the FBI find little to no evidence of January 6ths being an "insurrection"

Post by Das Troll » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:17 pm

The sad part is this isn't all over right wing news. When ever some dick head democrat politician mentions the 6th, the other side should bring this article up. I get that everything is focused on Afghanistan because it's the biggest political stick that the right has at the moment, but fuck sakes this shit is important too.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:51 pm

I showed my very liberal friend this and all his arguments came down to "I think" or "I feel". The media both right and left have gotten people so far off the path that they hate and don't know why.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:19 am

That's crazy. Even most liberals I encounter have a hard time denying that maybe Trump wasn't as bad as the they thought, or at least not worse than Joe Biden.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:16 pm

Give them a little time. Soon they will have to come to terms with that fact while watching the Democrat party slowly move away from potato joe. He will be a lame duck president after congress goes into election season.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:59 pm

I don't even understand why anyone voted for Biden other than him being Not-Trump. Like, I really wish this would teach people a lesson about blindly voting out of spite, but we all know it won't and there's even higher chance of getting someone worse next time around.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:05 am

Helladamnleet wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:59 pm
I don't even understand why anyone voted for Biden other than him being Not-Trump. Like, I really wish this would teach people a lesson about blindly voting out of spite, but we all know it won't and there's even higher chance of getting someone worse next time around.
While I do think there was fraud in the last election, I don't know if it was enough to flip the results. The real tragedy is the media/tech machine that came together to change the election. It's been reported that they can swing elections up to 10%. Combine that with the general idiocy of people, you have a loss on your hands. As you said, people just voted for "not" Trump. They didn't care who it was, they came out and voted in spite. That I believe is how they got historic voter turn out. Trump was such a polarizing person that he got half of the country to come out and vote for him and the other half to come out and vote against him. Biden really didn't enter into the equation.

The only reason why I think it was Biden who got in was because he was establishment as fuck and easy to control.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:56 am

See, that's why I'm asking: What promises did he even make, or was it all about not being Trump? Like, I remember people were CONVINCED Bernie would be president, and he actually had desirable sounding promises like "free" college and what not, but I can't recall Biden saying or doing anything besides not being Trump.

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:23 pm

Helladamnleet wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:56 am
See, that's why I'm asking: What promises did he even make, or was it all about not being Trump? Like, I remember people were CONVINCED Bernie would be president, and he actually had desirable sounding promises like "free" college and what not, but I can't recall Biden saying or doing anything besides not being Trump.
You got it, it was all about not being Trump and everything that came with it. The machine made Trump out to be a monster and with his covid response (not great but not near as bad as they made it out to be) Biden promised a return to normalcy whatever that meant. People were fatigued and they thought that Biden was going to be the return to bland and boring. Turns out that's never the case and it sure as shit isn't the case now with HD cameras in everyones pocket and a 24/7 news cycle.

Don't get me wrong, Biden did promise a lot of shit in his inane ramblings in his debates. He just didn't do any of them that were even a little positive. Stop wall construction and the remain in Mexico clause ? Sure OK we already had it paid for and now we're seeing the biggest influx of illegals ever. I think he promised a lot of shit to his own party to get the presidency.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:19 pm

Okay, so I'm not just retarded and missing something.

See, sometimes I wonder if I'm, like, autistic or something because I miss obvious cues, but it seems like in this case I was spot on.