Jussie Smollett gets out of jail on appeal

This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.
Das Troll
Registered

Jussie Smollett gets out of jail on appeal

Post by Das Troll » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:17 am

So yeah, he only spent 6 days in JAIL, not even prison before his shyster lawyers got him out. My guess is they will drag their feet on the appeal process while he hangs out in his million dollar home and eat up his 150 days of actual time as time served. Strike a win for the rich while the rest of us rot in jail for far less.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Jussie Smollett gets out of jail on appeal

Post by Enigma » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:46 am

So, like, he staged a hate crime? Paid some dudes to beat his ass, then wasted police time? Idk if wasting MORE money jailing him is a wise choice.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Well if they don't its just another case of the rich living by a different set of rules than the rest of us. He committed 5 felonies in the process. If you or I did that, we'd be in jail for years. Also he's been ordered to pay like 250k in restitution for all the bullshit.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:35 am

My point is, rich or poor, a crime like this shouldn't result in jail time. Just let him pay the fine and move on. The negative PR is much more damaging to him than a trivial 150 days in jail would be to you or I.

Especially given the fact he's rich. Being rich and in jail is easy and the class split is much more obvious.
:weed: [IP: logged]