Spring is almost here, time for mushrooms

Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.
Das Troll
Registered

Spring is almost here, time for mushrooms

Post by Das Troll » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:08 am

The thing that originally brought me to original Totse was reading about magic mushrooms. Since then I've gotten into mushrooms in general, but I've never actually been able to find shrooms in the wild. This will change. Spring is coming up and it's easy enough to research magic mushrooms in your area. Be careful though, some shrooms have a set of "look a likes" that may fool you into eating something poisonous. When hunting mushrooms I like to use the 3x rule. I have to have at least 3 identifying markers before I even bother picking the mushroom. One excellent identifier for psilocybin based mushrooms is the "bruising" of the mushroom. They often bruise blue, purple, or even green. So if you think you found a magic mushroom that may be a psilocybin based mushroom, give it a flick/rub/scrape. If it bruises blue/green/purple that's a good indicator that it's a shroom.

Sure you could order the spores and grow them yourself, but I myself could never get them to grow without mold. So this year while I'm out hunting Morels (edible, tasty, non psychedelic mushrooms) I will also be keeping an eye out for shrooms.

edit: please be careful though, only consume mushrooms that you've correctly identified or are able to hunt with someone who knows what they're doing. I don't want to be responsible for someone who's ate a bunch of death caps.