Welp. back on Windows 10 after several years.

Windows OS tricks, tips, and annoyances. The latest security holes and how to patch them. Server setup, tuning, and hardening.
Enigma
Site Admin

Welp. back on Windows 10 after several years.

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Yeah, since I'm no longer self-hosting the website I saw no real reason to continue using Linux and made the choice today to go back to Windows 10. So far the few things that now work made it semi worth it, but the internet speed and overall system performance is absolute fucking trash compared to Ubuntu 19.

Noteworthy things:
You can use the Xbox One controller's headphone port for it's intended purpose
You can pick what programs come out what sound devices weirdly enough.
:weed: [IP: logged]

Das Troll
Registered

Re: Welp. back on Windows 10 after several years.

Post by Das Troll » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:09 pm

Also the "diagnose this" option strangely works quite a bit. Shit never EVER worked on older visions of windows that I can remember. I'm not fond of winx even though I use it. There's a ton of ways it tracks you and sends out data. Also updates tend to fuck my network settings up to the point I have computers that just randomly drop off the network after an update.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Welp. back on Windows 10 after several years.

Post by Enigma » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:27 am

I'm glad things like finding drivers online has worked worth a shit the last few versions of Windows. I remember having XP and that shit NEVER working, or Windows 98 where even having the disk in the drive didn't work 7/8ths of the time.
:weed: [IP: logged]