Making minor changes

Self improvement through diet, physical and mental exercise, body-building, surgery, chemical introduction, life extension, tattooing, piercing, scarification and smart drugs. Medicine, and other body related topics also belong here.
AngryIVer
Registered

Making minor changes

Post by AngryIVer » Sun May 10, 2020 8:20 pm

To build up to a big change.

I've been doing this over the last year or so and it's worked out pretty good. I've noticed when I make huge changes all at once one little hiccup causes the whole train to derail, but when I do just one new thing every couple weeks (IE: Don't do a random amount of dabs every day, keep track for a week, get a base line, get it down to the same amount) I have good results.

Another one is a pretty set bed time that I rarely go past. It sucked for a while forcing myself to go to bed before midnight, but now I'm usually asleep by 10:30, meaning I get pretty close to the recommended amount of sleep as a result, and as a flip side to that I don't sleep past 7am anymore because I noticed I was feeling shitty when I got over 10 hours of sleep in a day.
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet

Kheron
Registered

Re: Making minor changes

Post by Kheron » Mon May 11, 2020 10:21 am

I've tried so many times to fix my sleeping problems but I have a hard time falling asleep no matter what. Docs never give me anything good for sleep because of my prior history of depression, either. Shit sucks. Glad you're sleeping better, because sleep is so damn important

Das Troll
Registered

Post by Das Troll » Mon May 11, 2020 1:05 pm

There's a Japanese management philosophy called Kaizen. Continuous small changes every day that lead up to a big change. Might be worth looking into.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen

AngryIVer
Registered

Post by AngryIVer » Tue May 12, 2020 5:21 am

Das Troll wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:05 pm
There's a Japanese management philosophy called Kaizen. Continuous small changes every day that lead up to a big change. Might be worth looking into.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen
It's funny how the Japs always seems to know what's up
Tell your friends about New Totse. Can't get murdered by police on the internet