Fuck you, Credit Karma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck you, Credit Karma

So a few months back I got this offer from Credit Karma that basically said "Hey, we're so confident you'll be approved for this credit card that if you apply and get denied we'll send you $50" which I figured "Cool, fuck it, my credit is already in the shitter so what's another inquiry?", did the application, unsurprisingly got denied.

What was a little surprising was how they decided to "send" the money. You see, what they do is put it into this "Credit Karma Spend Account" and force you to get one of their stupid ass debit cards.

So I started emailing them. At first they were helpful. Once the first guy understood what the issue was he said he'd send me an email about getting the money as a Visa gift card. Cool. Until they stopped responding and locked my account.

TL/DR: At the end of the day Credit Karma is a business designed to sell credit cards and they don't actually care about you or your credit. There's plenty of better alternatives that won't try selling you something.
    [IP: LOGGED]

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
    What was a little surprising was how they decided to "send" the money. You see, what they do is put it into this "Credit Karma Spend Account" and force you to get one of their stupid ass debit cards.​
    Yep, that's how they get ya. Same thing with apps like Temu, if you share the app to people, they advertise a free 5$ or the like. However, the 5$ is offered as in-store coupons. Venmo and Cashapp pyramid schemes work similarly.

Comment

Bro it's funny you bring up Temu because it somehow installed itself on my phone. I'm getting tired of phones because I'll go through my app list and see like 3 I don't recognize randomly
      [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 224   Posts: 819   Members: 63   Active Members: 7
      Welcome to our newest member, Phoenix.
      Working...
      X