Kiwi farms gets nuked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi farms gets nuked

I guess it was bound to happen. Cloudflare gets pressure and drops a site completely from its servers. That's what's going to be the next big thing, pressuring the source. Will we have to go back to the old days of hosting BBS like websites from personal computers?

That's what I did with NewTotse for a long time, and honestly I'm fully prepared to do it again if need be.

The problem then though is nothing really stops your ISP from shutting that shit down.
    [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
      That's what I did with NewTotse for a long time, and honestly I'm fully prepared to do it again if need be.

The problem then though is nothing really stops your ISP from shutting that shit down.
      I had wondered about that. What could you do to keep a website/communication forum up with an ISP that shut you down? Radio is one thing, but holy shit is that slow.

Comment

I'm really not sure, which is why I initially switched to a host in the Netherlands. Technically US law doesn't apply to us

Comment

Well... Given the current network connections in europe (usually around 600/400 mbps w/unlimited bw) someone "could" technically run a decentralized forum/server while still on a dynamic ip using something like dyndns, noip etc...

Comment

Wouldn't that involve constantly updating the DNS record though?

That's a nice thing about vBulletin (and other softwares I suppose), is that in theory I can have several shell sites set up that all point to two databases.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 219   Posts: 794   Members: 62   Active Members: 8
            Welcome to our newest member, chris85.
            Working...
            X