Tips for college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for college

In a recent conversation in the NT discord, I got to thinking about my time in the old Uni and decided to write a little guide on some tips that will help the younger generation survive in the wild. Without further fan fair, here goes.

The first bit of college will be all paper work and bureaucracy. If you don't have mom and dad doing all the paper work for you, you'll have to deal with tons of bullshit with ID's, paper work, signing up for emails, and so on. Just slog through this and don't get discouraged. If the university is a state school (in the USA) then they WANT your money. They crave money above all things and will bend over backwards to get it from you.

So you've got all that done and now your first semester with your first couple of classes is coming up. HOW EXCITING! Don't worry, that feeling will wear off rather quick as you soon realizes you're not sucking on your moms tit anymore, welcome to sorta kinda adulthood. Shit here starts to matter and you'd be wise to take it seriously. Here are some tips for getting ahead.

1. Front load: Read your syllabus and ask questions. Will there be extra credit, can you turn in assignments late, is there group work, ect ect ect. Once you figure that out in all your classes you can start front loading all your assignments. Figure how what you need for the very bottom of passing grades and work towards that goal. And yes I know this seems like a low bar to hit. You're so bright eyed and hopeful for the future! Don't be a cunt, this is a game of endurance and getting that passing grade ASAP is the goal. After that point you can work to get your 4.0 average. Scrabble for every point you can to get to that point and then when you do, you can at least unclench your asshole for a bit.

2. Look for the weak professors: This was my favorite time of the class. Young professors, lazy old professors, and some bad professors would simply fuck up or just use the same stuff they used last year. Certain professors will often use the same quiz/exam questions as they did last year. Some will be the lowest level of sneaky and change up the wording a bit. If your "net fu" is strong enough, you'll see through that quite quickly. Memorize the setup for sites like quizlet. Other students will often copy exam questions verbatim and put them up for "studying". You can copy the question right into google and put "quizlet" at the end to find the question you need or a slight variation.

3. College isn't about learning, it's about time management: This is probably the most important aspect of college. There are only a handful of courses, mostly graduate level, that will even matter. That gay non fiction class you took where the professor is going on and on about Catcher in the Rye, garbage. These classes should be put behind your wash out classes. BTW washout classes are the classes that they put in front of you to weed out the retards from getting into the STEM degrees. Time management is the MOST important aspect of your college life. Want to have a life that isn't like a Chinese spy student? Better learn how to balance your classes with your personal life. Balance is key here. I've seen young adults study to hard, burn out, then jump from a parking garage and I've also seen young adults fuck and suck themselves into a McDonalds job because they were too fucking stupid to learn how to balance their schedule. Look up whatever time management stuff you need to keep yourself from becoming a drug addict/alcoholic or a study burn out.

4. Look into things that will help you study hint hint nudge nudge wink wink: DO NOT USE THESE FOR GEN ED CLASSES! Seriously, high grade amphetamines are no joke and they are addictive. With that said, there's nothing better for long term studying than a solid hit of addy. If you're good enough to not need these things, God bless and keep on trucking. For the rest of us, find a solid dealer and keep an emergency stash.

5. Get stupid, but not dangerously stupid: This is one that most people can't quite grasp. There will be times when you do some shit while drunk that you look back on and it will cause actual cringe pain. There will be a few of things you'll probably get away with, I got away with a lot of them to be honest, more so than simple luck would explain. These moments you will look back on when you're older with a twinkle in your eye and think "holy fucking shit how did I not get arrested?" The trick is to realize that you will eventually run out of luck and get busted. Learn to walk that razors edge and you will have a life time of stories and fond memories, fuck it up and you'll be sent to jail for hitting a person on the sidewalk while drunk.

6. Live in the now, don't think too far into the future: The first year tends to be all sunshine and rainbows, but after that you start to see the deadness creep in around the edges of peoples eyes. Soon after that you realize that the same deadness is around your eyes, you just didn't notice it. Even a 4 year bachelors is a slog, so strap in and get ready for a super fast, yet super slow, 4 years ( for people in the USA). Eventually you will start living for the weekend as the song says. Pick some times when you don't do shit. Don't study, don't read, don't do anything. For me I never studied anything while I was eating. That was my brain dead time. These little down times will keep you from going nuts.

With just these 6 steps, you too can be a success... Nah some of you are destined for failure, but these tips will help you at least get a degree. Find the cracks and weak points in your institution and exploit them, the liberal left has done this quite well with things like gender identity and safe spaces. Your goal is to get in, get a degree, and get the fuck out with an independent mind still attached. Don't even think about grade school at this point, just remember C's get degrees. If you're good at college, and you're aiming for a competitive graduate program, then that's a whole different story and work load. Grad school is where you would thing college actually begins with the stuff they teach you. Good luck kiddos, you're going to need it.

Here's my tip for college: Don't waste your time going.

Almost every adult I know has a college degree they don't use and tens of thousands of dollars in debt. Go to trade school instead.
    [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
      Here's my tip for college: Don't waste your time going.

Almost every adult I know has a college degree they don't use and tens of thousands of dollars in debt. Go to trade school instead.
      This is a good point. If you can't pay or think you couldn't hack in the STEM field, go for trade schools. Welders make a ton.

Comment

Truckers are making a shit load right now too. Sisu Energy was offering people $14,000/week
        [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 219   Posts: 794   Members: 62   Active Members: 8
        Welcome to our newest member, chris85.
        Working...
        X