Minecraft: The End of an Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minecraft: The End of an Era

So as I'm sure all of you know, Microsoft has spent the last year slowly forcing people to migrate from Mojang accounts to Microsoft accounts to continue playing Java edition, and it essentially signifies the end of the Minecraft era, as Microsoft has also now decided they're going to take over chat-moderation, meaning if you run a server where you allow people to people racist or swear you run the risk of getting banned.

So I guess that's it for Minecraft. Hopefully the next big indie game like it doesn't have a sellout dev who sells his brainchild to the most evil corporation possible.
    [IP: LOGGED]

I imagine it will become like Project 1999 where people reverse engineer the game and run their own hacked servers.

Comment

I guess there's a specific version that doesn't use the launcher and people are just using it now.

I'm, personally, kind of torn on what to do because on one hand I don't want to comply because compliance shows acceptance, but on the other hand if I don't comply I'm risking losing access to the game all together.
      [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 224   Posts: 819   Members: 63   Active Members: 7
      Welcome to our newest member, Phoenix.
      Working...
      X