Regarding migrating old posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding migrating old posts

I can't for the fucking life of me figure it out. I'm going to try tricking the script into migrating into a blank database and see what happens. This thread started out as "test", I edited every piece of SQL I could find related to it, and it still just said "test".

In short: I'm working on it the best I can. Not a lot of people going from phpBB -> vBulletin

Although MAYBE I could look at one of the migration scripts for that and reverse engineer it to go the other way?
    [IP: LOGGED]

Think I might have found a way but I'm trying to make sure it won't get my license revoked somehow. Stay tuned

Comment

Here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
        Think I might have found a way but I'm trying to make sure it won't get my license revoked somehow. Stay tuned
        Is there any support you can get ahold of to ask if/how it can be done?

Comment

No. They don't officially support migrating from one software to another. It can be done, they just won't help me do it beyond pointing me to a 3rd party that costs $1000

Comment

Meant to update this morning: I might have figured it out but I'm scared vBulletin will ban my license if I fuck this up somehow

Comment

It's not going to happen. Impex doesn't work, I don't know enough about php or SQL to make it work, vBulletin support won't help me.

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 219   Posts: 794   Members: 62   Active Members: 8
              Welcome to our newest member, chris85.
              Working...
              X