Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Decided to take a little break from complicated adult-themed books and give some old time tested classics a read and broke into the Harry Potter series. I read the first 4 before the 5th was ever published, and have seen at least the first 4 movies, but it was all so long ago that, while I do know the gist of the series, it's all fresh to me. So far I've read up until Harry's first week at Hogwarts, up to where he first finds out about the robbery at Gringots happening the same day him and Hagrid were there, and I honestly forgot how fast paced and easy to read these books were. While they aren't the literary genius they were touted to be 20 years ago, it's quite easy to see why they blew up in popularity among boys and girls of all ages, and I'm eager to catch up to where I left off.
    [IP: LOGGED]

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
    Decided to take a little break from complicated adult-themed books
    Along the same vein I'm reading Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes right now.

Harry Potter had me reading like mad. I read the last book in one day despite it being over 500 hundred pages. I've probably read each book of the original 7 at least a half dozen times.

Comment

They really are page turners, and the twist with who the antagonist ends up being in the first book really is somewhat of a shock.

One thing I didn't notice at first: The chapters tend to end really abruptly. Like to the point I had to look at a physical copy to make sure things weren't lost in the conversion.

I actually forgot how good "childrens" books can be
      [IP: LOGGED]

Comment

Hot Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

New Totse Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 224   Posts: 819   Members: 63   Active Members: 7
      Welcome to our newest member, Phoenix.
      Working...
      X